Allen wrenches provided w/v4 kraton insufficient...suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to say it again. Mip tools. 100% made in the USA. You def want USA tools to work on your Chinese manufactured Arrma.

I really wish MIP offered them in different lengths, the set I have now there are some screws that are a pain to get to without taking something else off the car first because the shafts are too short.

I really wish MIP offered them in different lengths, the set I have now there are some screws that are a pain to get to without taking something else off the car first because the shafts are too short.
Interesting. You have the bit set?
How long are they?

How long are they?
No I have the ones with handles the Thorp set. And I am guessing by the looks of the bits the are 3-3.5" long. I'm not saying that it's a common problem but there are some screws that if I had a long enough shaft on the driver's I could get to them without having to remove a bumper or wing.
Like the screws that hold the wing mount into the bulkhead on my Outcast my knuckles scrape the wing/wheelie bar while taking out those screws using the mip Thorp screw drivers and my hands are sort of big but not like ape hands or anything.

How long are they?
I'm not sure which bits you are referring to.

Here are the PB Swiss bits.
20190418_181724.jpg

Here are the MIP bits with the 1.5mm being shorter than the others.
20190418_181747.jpg
20190418_181804.jpg

I'm not sure which bits you are referring to.

Here are the PB Swiss bits.
View attachment 35835

Did you just order those off the pbswiss site? As in these here:
https://shop.pbtools.us/PB-E6-210-1-4-Hex-Key-Power-Bits_c222.htm

Would be nice if they showed the photo for each actual bit vs a stock photo so you knew how they were milled down. If that is what those are, I'll be getting myself a set for my pit bag at least. I went cheap and got a set where the bits are in the handle... and they aren't 1/4", so kind of useless without the handle they came with, which is too small for my ham hands.

Did you just order those off the pbswiss site? As in these here:
https://shop.pbtools.us/PB-E6-210-1-4-Hex-Key-Power-Bits_c222.htm

Would be nice if they showed the photo for each actual bit vs a stock photo so you knew how they were milled down. If that is what those are, I'll be getting myself a set for my pit bag at least. I went cheap and got a set where the bits are in the handle... and they aren't 1/4", so kind of useless without the handle they came with, which is too small for my ham hands.
Yes, I ordered them direct from the PB Swiss website and the ones that you have linked are the ones that I ordered amongst some other items.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the generic image either. Here is a close up image of the tips.
20190418_190525.jpg

This is also another item that I added to my order and actually comes in extremely handy. More useful than what I thought it would be.

https://shop.pbtools.us/Screwdriver-Magnetizer-Demagnetizer-500.htm

Yes, I ordered them direct from the PB Swiss website and the ones that you have linked are the ones that I ordered amongst some other items.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the generic image either. Here is a close up image of the tips.
View attachment 35842

This is also another item that I added to my order and actually comes in extremely handy. More useful than what I thought it would be.

Just ordered a set to try out. Shipping was kind of a kicker... but I like to know what's out there. Got the 1.5/2/2.5/3/4 for just under $20, shipping was $8. lol!

However I have been unable to loosen the screws and I am familiar with lefty loosey righty tighty. I have tried using the provided Allen wrench (2.5m), my own U.S 2.5, and a metric 3/32 Allen wrench...with no luck

I just want to say this. The U.S. is the 3/32 inch and the metric is the 2.5mm. You may have just typed wrong but I just wanted you to know.

View attachment 35842

How's that 1.5 holding up?
Any opinions on the pb swiss bits vs mips?

How's that 1.5 holding up?
Any opinions on the pb swiss bits vs mips?
So far it is holding up good but I haven't had them for that long to give a true long term review. I can't complain about the mips or the pb swiss. Neither one has stripped any screws but the length on the mip is nice for when I need a longer bit while the shorter PB swiss doesn't have as much wobble in my driver since it's shorter.

Ask again in a year. Should be getting mine tomorrow.
So far, they work ok. Just a bit short. They fit mcmaster and arrma screws really well, as well as my MIP's do.

I really need to get a proper hand wrench to use them with. All mine have the ring/clip removed because when I got them, the bits I had didn't have the detent for the clip and they were all really short. With the clip and magnet, I had to use pliers to get them out. Now that I'm "all grown up" and have proper bits, I no longer have a good hand wrench to use them with. lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back