Kraton Alloy Diff Cases, HR vs GPM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it may be different outside of the US. I was just stating that in two minutes I found that 2 of the 3 places I have gotten bearings from carry that bearing size.
Yes, but 1 of the 2 is between $17-$60 a bearing. The other, even if you are in the U.S. would probably charge shipping, so like I said, this bearing size HR used is not common and easy to buy anywhere. That is all I was saying, not that it could not be found.

Yes, but 1 of the 2 is between $17-$60 a bearing. The other, even if you are in the U.S. would probably charge shipping, so like I said, this bearing size HR used is not common and easy to buy anywhere. That is all I was saying, not that it could not be found.
Lol yeah I only go to Boca for brushless motor bearings because they are so expensive. So you can forget about that one.

I'm not saying that it wasn't a dumb move by HR to have that bearing size, because it was. There wasn't an reason to go away from the stock size in my opinion, but for me, that bearing size is a non-issue since I never replace just one bearing. I replace all bearings if one needs to be replaced, unless one fails unusually early. So when I purchase bearings I buy complete sets direct from Avid and I buy extras of each size so the shipping isn't a big deal since I'm not buying them one at a time. Like you said though, if you are outside of the US or are lucky to have a LHS, then yes it may be an issue and something to keep in mind.

I'm not saying that it's not an issue for anyone, It's just not an issue for me. But it should be something that you think about if you are going to get the HR diff cases.

Lol yeah I only go to Boca for brushless motor bearings because they are so expensive. So you can forget about that one.

I'm not saying that it wasn't a dumb move by HR to have that bearing size, because it was. There wasn't an reason to go away from the stock size in my opinion, but for me, that bearing size is a non-issue since I never replace just one bearing. I replace all bearings if one needs to be replaced, unless one fails unusually early. So when I purchase bearings I buy complete sets direct from Avid and I buy extras of each size so the shipping isn't a big deal since I'm not buying them one at a time. Like you said though, if you are outside of the US or are lucky to have a LHS, then yes it may be an issue and something to keep in mind.

I'm not saying that it's not an issue for anyone, It's just not an issue for me. But it should be something that you think about if you are going to get the HR diff cases.
I also purchase bearing kits instead of individual bearings, but this bearing is not included with any kits available, unless you buy it seperately, and direct from Avid. Yes, I agree, and just wanted people aware of this issue. Thanks for your feedback and comments.

There are no bearing issues with Arrma's beefier V3 Kraton steering blocks & rear hubs. I was just saying, when the larger 15x24x5 bearings that HR uses wear out or fail, they are an oddball size and not many choices available. Why did HR even change the size when the stock bearing size is fine and more importantly, why not at least use a standard size bearing?
When hitting sideways with enough force to bend the dogbone/CVD shaft , the shock will be borne by inner bearings of the wheel hubs as well differential itself. Usually the stock inner bearing fails as an outcome. The same applies to the alloy diff case side bearing of the center dogbone shaft. Probably the reason why HR decide to go bigger size on these bearings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back