Typhon Almost done! Need help on pinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exc3l

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Well, now I have everything done! (almost) I have to thread lock the motor screws, make the limitless style rear "wing" out of plastic/Lexan sheets. Then I have to make a front bumper that would cover the shock towers since they act like a brick wall. Now I have one last question before I come on here tomorrow and share pics on my recked Typhon ? . I am going to remove the spur from my Revo 3.3 which is not getting used because of some issues and use it in my Typhon spur assembly. (Thanks @K-BASH and @Silverado86 for telling me @jondilly1974 spur secret on the 3s models. My question is what pinion should I start with? Should I go really high in pinion or no? I have heard really good things on RR racing pinions. Should I use them? My LHS carries Traxxas and RR mostly and they don't haven the D-Safe (not that I would ever buy them since they are 20 dollars for 1). I am running a BLX185 with an Arrma 2050kv motor on 6s BABY. I also got my FIRST pair of Hoons! I am scared to drive on them because I will burn them out by doing burnouts! Thanks everyone for following along and I will provide pics of my car on my build thread once finished(1-4months)
Happy New Year GIF

I probably should have posted this in the Drivetrain part of this Forum ?‍♂️

Mod .08 and 32 are pretty much the same and are compatible, mod 1 is its own thing and pitch so just look for mod 1 pinions RR are great but you can also find safe D pinions for a good price on eBay from Jennys Rc they are less then 20$ for 2 of them , if you have the sliding motor mount i would try a 25-27t pinion

Mod .08 and 32 are pretty much the same and are compatible, mod 1 is its own thing and pitch so just look for mod 1 pinions RR are great but you can also find safe D pinions for a good price on eBay from Jennys Rc they are less then 20$ for 2 of them , if you have the sliding motor mount i would try a 25-27t pinion
Yes, I have the v3 sliding motor mount. I am going to try a 26t pinion from RR. I suspect I will have to go 30t pinion max because I have a 30t spur.

Well, now I have everything done! (almost) I have to thread lock the motor screws, make the limitless style rear "wing" out of plastic/Lexan sheets. Then I have to make a front bumper that would cover the shock towers since they act like a brick wall. Now I have one last question before I come on here tomorrow and share pics on my recked Typhon ? . I am going to remove the spur from my Revo 3.3 which is not getting used because of some issues and use it in my Typhon spur assembly. (Thanks @K-BASH and @Silverado86 for telling me @jondilly1974 spur secret on the 3s models. My question is what pinion should I start with? Should I go really high in pinion or no? I have heard really good things on RR racing pinions. Should I use them? My LHS carries Traxxas and RR mostly and they don't haven the D-Safe (not that I would ever buy them since they are 20 dollars for 1). I am running a BLX185 with an Arrma 2050kv motor on 6s BABY. I also got my FIRST pair of Hoons! I am scared to drive on them because I will burn them out by doing burnouts! Thanks everyone for following along and I will provide pics of my car on my build thread once finished(1-4months)
Happy New Year GIF

I probably should have posted this in the Drivetrain part of this Forum ?‍♂️
Now I'm dying to know the @jondilly1974 3S spur secret. Is there a special handshake that goes along with it? (but seriously, I'm interested in the spur secret)

Since when did spools become secrets?

OoO where can i buy this spur that you talk of?

Sorry noob question but do you have to like retro fit the slipper pads to make it fit or what did you have to do to get it to work?

I wonder how mine will compare. You have many things I don't have! (Cap pack, 8s instead of 6s like me, GT body, no wing)
It didnt hold 8S well tbh. I could probably still get there on 6S. Cap pack isnt as necessary as some will tell you. Its insurance for the ESC, but doesn't add speed. The GT body is huge. It adds at least 10mph over open wheel body. The wing just give stability and braking traction.

I am currently trying to replicate the limitless wing/tail. It has a bit of downforce but it also helps instability because it's not angled up.
As long as you are smooth on the throttle the driveshafts are usually fine. ??
I am surprised that these cars can basically hold triple the amount of power than they were designed for. Unlike the TRX Rustler 4x4 VXL that popped driveshafts every 10 mins.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back