Alright STOP... buggy time! Now which one? 🤔

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MUGEN is by far the best 1/8th scale racing units available. Made in Japan the tolerances are that of a Lexus, Bugatti or a Rolls Royce, by the micron.
Nice!! Japan manufacturers really good products IMO.. I love their auto's.. if you ask me, a Toyota or Honda assembled in the US is a disappointment compared to a Japanese manufactured Toyota or Honda. One of the reasons I bought my "toaster", which is a first gen Scion xb. Made in Japan.

Tekno EB48 2.0 is high performance and fun to build. Mugen Seiki MBX8R eco even higher performance and just as much fun to build.

View attachment 260511

View attachment 260512
So sick! I was looking at those to. Quite expensive! I could buy 2 Typhons for the price of 1 of those! 😳 I think they are awesome but not sure if it's worth it for a non-competition track/ basher... 🤔

So sick! I was looking at those to. Quite expensive! I could buy 2 Typhons for the price of 1 of those! 😳 I think they are awesome but not sure if it's worth it for a non-competition track/ basher... 🤔
Absolutely right! The Typhon 6s is a whole lotta speed/durability/fun for the money.. for bashing, it's the obvious choice. Aftermarket support is crazy good, customizable almost endlessly.. the Corally stuff is good,but durability and parts/upgrades is considerably lacking by comparison. Same goes for the Hobao and HPI. Associated,Tekno,Losi,Mugen,Xray are all in another cla$$. Great by all means,just not something I'd buy for bashing.
I only have the Xray because a past coworker had it for for sale cheap..and he badgered me for months once he found out I was into rc's 🤣🤣

If you are not looking to do 30 foot high jumps, the Corally Radix6 or Python are great buggies. Out of the box they are faster and more controllable than the Armma Typhon 6s. And they are considerably cheaper than the Typhon 6s: you can find them for $400 or less. They don't have crippled Spektrum electronics, and they come with a 25kg servo from the factory. Parts availability is great now: there is a US-based online site that has most every part that Corally makes. And Corally makes their own Team Corally 7075 aluminum upgrade parts that cost less than the equivalent aftermarket Arrma parts. I own the Corally Radix6, and I love it. I got mine for $380 new, which included $9.99 in FedEx one-day shipping.

Check out YouTube for videos that out the Radix6 through the ringer.

If you are not looking to do 30 foot high jumps, the Corally Radix6 or Python are great buggies. Out of the box they are faster and more controllable than the Armma Typhon 6s. And they are considerably cheaper than the Typhon 6s: you can find them for $400 or less. They don't have crippled Spektrum electronics, and they come with a 25kg servo from the factory. Parts availability is great now: there is a US-based online site that has most every part that Corally makes. And Corally makes their own Team Corally 7075 aluminum upgrade parts that cost less than the equivalent aftermarket Arrma parts. I own the Corally Radix6, and I love it. I got mine for $380 new, which included $9.99 in FedEx one-day shipping.

Check out YouTube for videos that out the Radix6 through the ringer.
Can't argue, the TC electrics are awesome, well except the servo, I didn't find it weak or slow in performance but durability is definitely average at best. Went through 2 of them in my Kronos and moved on. Had better luck with a DS3225 TBH.
I'm not a fan of the Spektrum stuff by any means, but my brother has a 6s Typhon, can't see any need for more power in a buggy myself. Handles like a basher tho. I can see the TC easily out handling it. I wouldn't shy away from the TC either. I actually prefer to buy something everyone else doesn't have.. Typhon can be had around $400 pretty routinely on sale.
HRP has a never ending $30 off coupon on their homepage. I haven't been able to get the coupon code listed on RC Hobby explosion's site to work lately..
If I were going for a TC, I'd order from the distributor(HRP) solely due to the $30 off, free shipping and no sales tax.

Can't argue, the TC electrics are awesome, well except the servo, I didn't find it weak or slow in performance but durability is definitely average at best. Went through 2 of them in my Kronos and moved on. Had better luck with a DS3225 TBH.
I'm not a fan of the Spektrum stuff by any means, but my brother has a 6s Typhon, can't see any need for more power in a buggy myself. Handles like a basher tho. I can see the TC easily out handling it. I wouldn't shy away from the TC either. I actually prefer to buy something everyone else doesn't have.. Typhon can be had around $400 pretty routinely on sale.
HRP has a never ending $30 off coupon on their homepage. I haven't been able to get the coupon code listed on RC Hobby explosion's site to work lately..
If I were going for a TC, I'd order from the distributor(HRP) solely due to the $30 off, free shipping and no sales tax.
When I bought my Radix6 from RC Hobby Explosion, they had the $30 coupon plus a 10% off coupon for anything above $300. When I bought my Muraco a couple of months ago the $30 coupon worked, but there wasn't a 10% off coupon at that time. The total sale on the Muraco was $402 with FedEx shipping included. The vehicle came to me directly from the HRB warehouse in Pennsylvania, and I got it here in Maryland in one day.

Check out YouTube for videos that out the Radix6 through the wringer.
Figured I’d leave this here:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/team-corally-python-xp-6s-220-shipped-mad-van-sold.57507/

Killer deal!
I should add that TC/HRP was great to work with for warranty as well. One of the weak points for me with the Corally was the diff cups, both in/output..the SP models(RTR) have some questionable steel cups. My Kronos XTR('21) had same SP parts as the RTR's, junk. TC did warranty all of mine,with the swiss spring steel, however the pinion input cups were backordered with HRP. While I awaited the backordered parts, I chose to pay for them with RC Hobby explosion to get the rig up and running sooner. Unfortunately the threads for the grub screw were missing from one of the two pieces..so, another warranty claim, LOL. Ended up waiting for them from HRP anyways since RC Hobby ex directed me to HRP for warranty..
This was all 6 months into ownership, which is questionable in this hobby and why I say TC was great to deal with..they could have told me to pound salt, but they didn't. They know the SP drive cups are an issue..

My bad, I keep referring to the Corally rtr as SP, it's XP. $389.00 for a Python 6s from HRP with coupon. RC Hobby Ex coupon still not working.. oh well.. on a side note, my brother ordered a Kronos XP last weekend.. I told him about the code, but..he didn't use it..🤣🤣

I always loved Losi & in particular the TLR platform, the quality & engineering for me is on point but maybe the marketing got me reeled in :)

TLR sooo cool - luv that yellow branding

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back