Senton Alternative to Dusty Motor cover ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldguywnewtoy

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Anyone come up with a solution to keep debris out of the Senton chassis besides the Dusty Motor cover? I'm in Phoenix, so I'm worried about the heat issue even with a motor fan. Maybe a thin plastic cover that attaches to each side but still allows air to flow thru?

While this wouldn't keep out fine dust, I've made this modification to allow more airflow when I put a brushless system in an old RC. The blue netting is from one of those little fish catcher things, the black one is something used to fix torn window screens.
20200329_161132.jpg

Someone here used to use a 2 liter soda bottle cut to fit and taped in place. It wasn’t pretty but claimed it was effective.

All good ideas. I'm kinda like-n the 2 liter soda bottle. Thin enough to bend, already curved, tapered at the front. Hmmmm. Now I'm thinkin! Maybe some velcro along the sides. Make a hole in the w/shield for air flow. Might be on to somethin!
Leave the rear of the bottle open for ventilation.

Leave the rear of the bottle open for ventilation.
Right. I'm thinkin the tapered end could line up with a hole in the w/shield area, the back would be open, and the sides would be velcro'ed to the chassis with slots to go over the nerf bars. Picture a covered wagon kinda shape. If this works, I'll post pics.

I have an inner Lexan cover for my Tekno MT. (Jconcepts)
A buggy body cut for ventilation should also fit within a Truck body.

I just used some flyscreen for windows. It came with velcro so I can easily swap out batteries. Of course, it's not effective against dust, but I hope it helps against rocks. They are jamming my steering all the time.

Just installed it today, haven't really tested it. But it's definately very cheap, the flyscreen is big enough for at least 10 covers and was only 3$.

Anyone come up with a solution to keep debris out of the Senton chassis besides the Dusty Motor cover? I'm in Phoenix, so I'm worried about the heat issue even with a motor fan. Maybe a thin plastic cover that attaches to each side but still allows air to flow thru?
Here is mine. I made this out of a For Sale plastic sign and duct tape. I did not have a heat issue because i made a ram air tunnel style air flow but, i did add a fan. Better safe than sorry. It runs 45mph and no heat issues.

Attachments

• 20200424_121653.jpg
    20200424_121653.jpg
    986.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 20200424_091707.jpg
    20200424_091707.jpg
    896.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 20200425_204141.jpg
    20200425_204141.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 72
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back