Alternative to HobbyStar 4092 1730kv?

SixStar

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s
Anyone know if the Rocket 4092's are any good? Or the SSS 4092 motors? Im trying to keep the motor under 80 bucks if possible, getting the Max6 for my K6S killed my parts kitty. Any suggestions for a decent alternative to the HobbyStar 4092s? They're sold out everywhere on Earth evidently. There are lots of the Rocket 4092s available, but that makes me worry that they're no good.

Rcproponent

Gotta have it...
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Infraction, Limitless, Kraton 8S, Kraton 6s, Talion, Typhon 6s
The rocket and hobbystar if you ask me are the exact same motor with different logos on them. I have both. In the same KV, they are identical in performance and also in appearance.

suchtragedy

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡ɯɹɐ loɹʇuoɔ ǝʞoɹq
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega, Granite, Infraction, Limitless, Kraton 6s, Outcast 4s, Typhon 3s, Voltage

Jordan10R

Reaction score
Yea I same issue. I got the leopard. Just had to tap the front plate to 4m so it mounts the same

chrisexv6

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s
I have the Surpass 1650 coming in from China (any day now)

Our Hobbystar 1730kv threw a magnet....replaced with Leopard 1480kv since the 1730kv always ran hot. Its just "OK"....cogs a lot at start for some reason, much more noticeable on 4S than 6S but still does it either way. Hoping the cogging goes away with the 1650kv motor, even if it does run hotter.

SixStar

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s
That Leopard motor is close to 100 bucks everywhere I've seen it. Little out of my budget rn

walloftvs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s
I ordered a 1650kv Rocket 4092 from Surpass Hobby a while back, got sick of waiting for it to come over on the slow boat and ended up impulse buying a TP 4060.

The rocket showed up the other day and I'm impressed with the build quality of it. Based on my highly calibrated fingers, the rocket shaft is a little bit harder to spin by hand when compared to the TP - I'm guessing that the magnets must be approx as strong, so that's a good sign.

I really want to try it out but figure I should probably sell it while it's nice and shiny. PM me if anyone is interested.

chrisexv6

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s
I ordered a 1650kv Rocket 4092 from Surpass Hobby a while back, got sick of waiting for it to come over on the slow boat and ended up impulse buying a TP 4060.

The rocket showed up the other day and I'm impressed with the build quality of it. Based on my highly calibrated fingers, the rocket shaft is a little bit harder to spin by hand when compared to the TP - I'm guessing that the magnets must be approx as strong, so that's a good sign.

I really want to try it out but figure I should probably sell it while it's nice and shiny. PM me if anyone is interested.
Sent you a PM.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.