Alternative to HobbyStar 4092 1730kv?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixStar

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Anyone know if the Rocket 4092's are any good? Or the SSS 4092 motors? Im trying to keep the motor under 80 bucks if possible, getting the Max6 for my K6S killed my parts kitty. Any suggestions for a decent alternative to the HobbyStar 4092s? They're sold out everywhere on Earth evidently. There are lots of the Rocket 4092s available, but that makes me worry that they're no good.

I have the Surpass 1650 coming in from China (any day now)

Our Hobbystar 1730kv threw a magnet....replaced with Leopard 1480kv since the 1730kv always ran hot. Its just "OK"....cogs a lot at start for some reason, much more noticeable on 4S than 6S but still does it either way. Hoping the cogging goes away with the 1650kv motor, even if it does run hotter.

That Leopard motor is close to 100 bucks everywhere I've seen it. Little out of my budget rn

I ordered a 1650kv Rocket 4092 from Surpass Hobby a while back, got sick of waiting for it to come over on the slow boat and ended up impulse buying a TP 4060.

The rocket showed up the other day and I'm impressed with the build quality of it. Based on my highly calibrated fingers, the rocket shaft is a little bit harder to spin by hand when compared to the TP - I'm guessing that the magnets must be approx as strong, so that's a good sign.

I really want to try it out but figure I should probably sell it while it's nice and shiny. PM me if anyone is interested.

I ordered a 1650kv Rocket 4092 from Surpass Hobby a while back, got sick of waiting for it to come over on the slow boat and ended up impulse buying a TP 4060.

The rocket showed up the other day and I'm impressed with the build quality of it. Based on my highly calibrated fingers, the rocket shaft is a little bit harder to spin by hand when compared to the TP - I'm guessing that the magnets must be approx as strong, so that's a good sign.

I really want to try it out but figure I should probably sell it while it's nice and shiny. PM me if anyone is interested.

Sent you a PM.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back