Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.

Talion Alternative wheels & tyres to dBoots Katar

Steve Brx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Talion
I'm frustrated by the quality of the standard Katar tyre and wheel set on the V3. They are completely out of true for example, and wobble left to right due to the fact the wheel walls are very thin and easily distorted due to inconsistent tyre gluing.

I'm looking for better quality, and have naturally looked at PL Badlands / Desperado combinations. However, these are wider than the Katar's by 10mm's and I'm keen to retain the original tyre dimensions (145mm x 59mm).

Does anyone have any recommendations?

stuartd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious, Talion, Typhon 6s
Sorry to hear your Katar's sound like they have issues. I still use mine on my Talion, now that they're slicks they're great for on road handling.
I use dBoots Backflips off road and Road Crushers on road. Only thing that's needed with the backflips is to drop ride height, or the Talion wants to wheelie too much.

Primarrma

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s, Talion, Typhon 6s
I was wondering the same, do you so much jumping at all?

I found the mass isn't enough to really bring the nose up in the air?

I was thinking of trying a heavier tyre, but I don't want to change the dynamics too much.

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast 6s, Typhon 3s
Dang I never realized how narrow the Katars are.
So far everything I have found is either wider and shorter or wider and taller.
Duratrax Xcons are the closest I have found so far to being those dimensions they are 144mmx64mm but they are not the best on 6s Duratrax tires like to turn into dinner plates https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=DTXC3660

Yonic

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton, Talion, , Voltage
Any racing truggy tires would be close, like the Duratrax @slick2500 suggested.
The best bashing option i found is the Louise Apollo. It's basically the same size as the Katars, but they have more sidewalls, so more dampening.

Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.