Kraton Alternatives to body clips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barrister

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hi due to arthritis I find removing an attaching the body clips on my kraton difficult. Are there any products or alternatives to using body pins?

I really like the look of the traxxas latching system but prefer the arrma brand much more.

Cheers

You can try placing mini zip ties on the end of the stock clips to create loops to tug on...might be easier than fiddling with the stock setup.

Cant speak on an easier method to install the clips.

I've had these for years and easy to pull off and find if they come loose. A friend made a bunch of them with different color nitro
20190824_142748.jpg
fuel tubing and zipties.

You can get magnetic body shell mounts which might be the sort of thing you'd prefer if you've arthritis. An example of them in the video below although the ones on show I believe also activate the lights on the RC which is what they're showing in the vid.

For example: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magnetic...sid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10&var=492789949667

Hope that helps. (y)
That's pretty slick and sounds like a good connection when the body laid down, but I can't see it staying on when launching in the air and crashing down.

That's pretty slick and sounds like a good connection when the body laid down, but I can't see it staying on when launching in the air and crashing down.
Nothings infallible but it will definitely come down to how strong the magnets are and what's being done with the RC. For the most part I'd wager they'll be fine providing the magnets are a decent strength.

You can take Tamiya clips. (y)
These are the ones that I use for my Infraction and for the Senton 3S.
Easy to make with a piece of tube. (y)
Yvan

Attachments

• DSC00069.JPG
    DSC00069.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC00070.JPG
    DSC00070.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 238
Hi due to arthritis I find removing an attaching the body clips on my kraton difficult. Are there any products or alternatives to using body pins?

I really like the look of the traxxas latching system but prefer the arrma brand much more.

Cheers
The Traxxas Latch is BS. Haven't you seen videos of the TRX bodies flying off their chassis??? Crawlers and Drift cars are using Velcro and rare earth magnets as options. Not suitable for bashing at all however. Body Pins have been the norm for 40 years. ProLine has the screw on retainers/ knobs, but they are lame. Still difficult and time consuming to screw/off on all the time. They still loosen and come off with use and get lost etc. and is expensive too replace when they do, compared to a 50 pack of regular body clips. You are pretty much stuck with B clips. I have arthritis also and clips can be daunting on a bad day. I agree.

If you want to get rid of your arthritis instead, DM me. I will point you in that direction. Don’t want to derail the thread.

Sorry for the late reply...

I use the needlenose pliers from this pliers set from Home Depot for pulling body pins. Works well for me; YMMV.
I bought the set many moons ago for work (just needed the flush-cuts); when I upgraded to Snap-on flush-cuts in my work toolbox, the Crescents came home and sat in my garage toolbox. Now both the flush-cuts and the needlenose are in my RC toolbag.

Damn when did you post these before??

I may give those a try - fail miserably cutting to post correctly and putting the posts in straight so this could help
This definitely looks like a better alternative to the Proline mounts.

I wonder if there is an RC equivalent to this drummers cymbal retainer. It’s a quick release that you press a button and it snaps on. For me they’re very reliable. Someone with a 3D printer needs to make something like this for RCs!

Obviously less of an eyesore on the car though would be preferable.

Attachments

• B686E287-B3B2-4B2C-B0A8-75D720CC442B.jpeg
    B686E287-B3B2-4B2C-B0A8-75D720CC442B.jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 162
I've used key rings before to prevent the body from coming off they are a bit of a pain to puton and remove but they never fall out lol good for bashing!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back