Alu Diffhouse, the problem / Talion on 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duck_rc_car

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
So i fitted the GPM alu diffhouse in the rear, very nice.. but my problem is, now the rear axle seems too short all of a sudden.
There is about 4mm play lenghtwise.. too much, compared to the stock one, or the one at the front (stock)
Im afraid if i let loose on the throttle ill destroy the input cup, as the end of the rear drive axle isnt in the input cup deep enough

Has anyone have the same diffhousing? And same issue i have?
Just fitted an EZRUN set so it'll be more stress on the parts as well.. don't want to destroy the input cup :)

Thanks in advance!

So i fitted the GPM alu diffhouse in the rear, very nice.. but my problem is, now the rear axle seems too short all of a sudden.
There is about 4mm play lenghtwise.. too much, compared to the stock one, or the one at the front (stock)
Im afraid if i let loose on the throttle ill destroy the input cup, as the end of the rear drive axle isnt in the input cup deep enough

Has anyone have the same diffhousing? And same issue i have?
Just fitted an EZRUN set so it'll be more stress on the parts as well.. don't want to destroy the input cup :)

Thanks in advance!
That's weird I have 3 of there housings and I have no issues with play. Not sure if you have spare everything like me but if you have spare front cvd driveshafts they fit in the back also that's what I run in mine.

Last edited:
The diffs, not the housing, determine the width of the cups. Sounds like it’s something else you did. Maybe your camber links are on the wrong holes?

Yeah if your wheels look like Forest Gump when he got his magic shoes then it would be your camber. If set too far the shafts won't fit right. But I ran both cvd and stock rear shafts with the gpm housings and I've never had issues.

Its not the camber, those are the output cups, i mean the one on the front where the driveshaft goes in coming from the center diff..
That's weird I have 3 of there housings and I have no issues with play. Not sure if you have spare everything like me but if you have spare front cvd driveshafts they fit in the back also that's what I run in mine.
Ill have a look as i might just have a spare front axle, will try that..
But yeah pretty weird indeed!

Its not the camber, those are the output cups, i mean the one on the front where the driveshaft goes in coming from the center diff..

Ill have a look as i might just have a spare front axle, will try that..
But yeah pretty weird indeed!
If it's the center shaft then mine has that play too. You can add lil nubbies of silicone nitro gas tube in the cups before you insert shafts and that will take up the play.

If it's the center shaft then mine has that play too. You can add lil nubbies of silicone nitro gas tube in the cups before you insert shafts and that will take up the play.
I see that could be a good solution, but the front driveshaft is perfect... and its only since the change to the GPM housing that theres so much play :unsure:

Back