Aluminium diff confusion!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evil-T

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
About to strip and rebuild all three of my Typhon diffs with the new aluminium cases.

With regards to shims does the Mugen set E0206 contain all the sizes I need? (I know the alu kit comes with additional shims itself)

And I know it’s a diff by diff basis but how many of the E0206 kits would you I’d best get to cover myself?

I would get 3x kits, but good luck finding them in the UK...!!!

If you do find them in the UK please tell me where you got them..?? so I can buy some spares..??

About to strip and rebuild all three of my Typhon diffs with the new aluminium cases.

With regards to shims does the Mugen set E0206 contain all the sizes I need? (I know the alu kit comes with additional shims itself)

And I know it’s a diff by diff basis but how many of the E0206 kits would you I’d best get to cover myself?
You have all the shims to do the internals, but there are external difs that are sometimes required as well.
ARR-AR220041_00-1500x1000.jpg
669b5f8b0d1b0489f0556828712350f56a141c667a84872c83f5d0da0bb43975.jpg
s-l640.jpg

^
Sorry mate you lost me?

(Do you mean if I get a Mugen kit I’ll have all the internal ones?)

^
Sorry mate you lost me?

(Do you mean if I get a Mugen kit I’ll have all the internal ones?)
Yes. I was just mentioning that there are other shims you may need that do not come in that Mugen kit, that are shown in the images. The Mugen shims are internal only. I apologize if you already knew this.

Yes makes sense now! It was just as I was asking how many kits I needed and I read your reply as ‘you have’ I just wanted to clarify.

So basically for the outside of the diff it’s worth picking up some
5 x 7 x 0.1
13 x 16 x 0.1

Yes makes sense now! It was just as I was asking how many kits I needed and I read your reply as ‘you have’ I just wanted to clarify.

So basically for the outside of the diff it’s worth picking up some
5 x 7 x 0.1
13 x 16 x 0.1
The little ones go on when you're building the dif. Slide them on before you put the bearing on, then put the outdrive into the cup. The bigger ones go on front and rear only, when you put the difs in the case. Always on the same side as the crown/ring gear. This helps keep the ring gear tight to the pinion inside the case. There's a great @Thomas P video that describes it, but I can't link it right now.

Great info ??

Mugen ones are on route to me! Any good links to the other shims?

Great info ??

Mugen ones are on route to me! Any good links to the other shims?
Forgive the crudeness of the pic. I think Arrma carries some of these too.

Attachments

• 20190127_160656.jpg
    20190127_160656.jpg
    724.1 KB · Views: 54
Thanks as I can get the KYO96772 & KYO96643 pretty easily ??

(Hope that’s correct ?)

Last edited:
The Mugen E0206 is a must, but I also added a small shim under the drive cups on the outside of the diff. And not the bearing shim if you look and the V4 diffs ARRMA has started shimming the drive cups internally and externally. I found a shim off of hobbyking.com meant for the BSR BERSERKER. I would have to look to see which exact one I used. The new V4 ones come with it, but if you are doing a older diff in my opinion the additional is a must. Since doing it I have not popped a dog bone ?.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back