Aluminium Vs Titanium chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evil-T

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I was kind of set on a Ti chassis mainly as there’s a U.K supplier and maybe slightly the cool sound factor I have a Ti chassis hahaha

Now in all honestly I’m revisiting my choice as I know aluminium is the way most aftermarket companies go and we know how well renown the M2C ones are

Cost wise
M2C ~ £140-£150 with customs
Scroched Ti £123

M2C tried and tested
Scorched little of an unknown well I can’t find much info and reviews on their work

M2C 4mm & 425g
Scorched 3mm & ~525g (they state it as being 100g more then the M2C)

The titanium is stronger well on paper but haven’t seen many if any fault the decent Alu ones anyway!

Guess with the added strength of Ti you could leave the stock plastic chassis braces in so not replacing them with alu will take some of the added weight of the Ti option out of the equation.

Any more input welcome, on the grand scheme of things the £/$ difference is so marginal it’s not really worth taking into account so more of a case of the two materials and the two companies?!

For me M2C, the extra 100 grams kills it for me. These 6s rigs are heavy to begin with.

I already have aluminum chassis braces and would sill use them if I had titanium chassis. Stock plastic chassis braces are junk so wouldn't use them anyway even though they weight more. No trust in plastic braces.

I still have the stock plastic braces. I've broken shock rod ends, bent shock towers, stripped diff gears and bent my chassis but the braces are still solid. I don't know how. ?‍♂️

In terms of chassis, I would go with m2c. Like @arrmadillo says, the extra weight isn't needed on these rigs. And, the m2c is a proven design.

Also, I'm not sure what customs costs, but don't forget there is a 20% coupon for Arrma products through m2c, so you pre-customs cost would be $104. Don't know if that plays a roll for you. I'm really interested in more reviews on the titanium chassis though.

^ I did factor that in by guess!

Looking at it properly M2C chassis with discount and shipping $138 (£110) maybe £20-£30 customs

I got my M2C Racing chassis, luckily I got no customs charges..?

As you know though in the UK its a lottery if you get it or not..??

so, long story short, the m2c is lighter and the scorched is stronger? is that it? Does anyone ever bent the m2c?

Not sure if its the same, aluminum road bikes have the horrible buzz and vibration, titanium absorbs all the impact, its almost like floating on air...

I would go titanium if the price is not that much,its stronger solid material and not subject to cracking like aluminum.

I have both shock-towers and chassis on preorder from Scorched Parts RC.
Hopefully the next batch will show up in 2-3 weeks.

I'd have to think if you go with titanium, you should still run alloy chassis braces, unless it's thick titanium. Titanium flexes but springs back, which means you could be replacing stock braces due to them breaking frequently due to the flex of the chassis deck.
For me M2C, the extra 100 grams kills it for me. These 6s rigs are heavy to begin with.

Your worried about 100gm (3.5oz) on a 4085gm (11lb) (+~700gm/1.5lb for a 6S 5200mah pack) truck?

I guess it adds up depending on what all else you have. Just not sure I'd care about it for the main chassis deck.

Guessing you really would avoid the JBI chassis then @764gm vs M2C's at 490gm with stock being 340gm.

Last edited:
I'd have to think if you go with titanium, you should still run alloy chassis braces, unless it's thick titanium. Titanium flexes but springs back, which means you could be replacing stock braces due to them breaking frequently due to the flex of the chassis deck.

I plan on continuing to use my GKA braces.

Your worried about 100gm (3.5oz) on a 4085gm (11lb) (+~700gm/1.5lb for a 6S 5200mah pack) truck?

I guess it adds up depending on what all else you have. Just not sure I'd care about it for the main chassis deck.

Guessing you really would avoid the JBI chassis then @764gm vs M2C's at 490gm with stock being 340gm.
With Voltage shock towers, chassis braces, servo mount, tbone bumper and wheelie bar, taped bodies, etc., my Krate and OC are fat pigs.

So yes I would be worried about the extra 100 grams, and when I decide to go with aftermarket chassis plate it will be M2C which will add more weight to the hog.

Anytime I make changes to my Rc or real race car, weight is always a determining factor!

With Voltage shock towers, chassis braces, servo mount, tbone bumper and wheelie bar, taped bodies, etc., my Krate and OC are fat pigs.

So yes I would be worried about the extra 100 grams, and when I decide to go with aftermarket chassis plate it will be M2C which will add more weight to the hog.

Anytime I make changes to my Rc or real race car, weight is always a determining factor!
I'm afraid to see how much my Outcast weighs.

Just figured considering the size/weight overall and where the weight would be, it wouldn't matter a whole lot. If it was 1/10 track racing, then 100gm would alter things quite a bit, but then your working with a vehicle that is 3.5lbs total and 100gm would be 6% of the vehicle!

Anyway, was just surprised it was a factor for anyone with an arrma truck. I learn something every day!

Just figured considering the size/weight overall and where the weight would be, it wouldn't matter a whole lot. If it was 1/10 track racing, then 100gm would alter things quite a bit, but then your working with a vehicle that is 3.5lbs total and 100gm would be 6% of the vehicle!

Anyway, was just surprised it was a factor for anyone with an arrma truck. I learn something every day!

A ready to run Kraton weights in at about 6kg. 6% would be 360g.
The 100g extra is only another 1.6% of the vehicle weight - probably less than you’d add by gorilla taping the shell!

A ready to run Kraton weights in at about 6kg. 6% would be 360g.
The 100g extra is only another 1.6% of the vehicle weight - probably less than you’d add by gorilla taping the shell!
100g extra is 100g extra. Add a 100 here, 100 there and before you know it you have a 15 pound tank that performs terribly. Gorilla taping or fiber taping or whatever taping is the dumbest thing people started doing in our hobby. Enjoy the higher center of gravity,increased rollovers and all around decreased performance. And yes, I realize this is an older thread but I'm posting so people actually stop and think about the mods they're making.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back