Mojave Aluminum 3 bearing rear hubs....uh...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TL01magic

Reaction score
Picked up some aliexpress alum 3 bearing rear hubs....yikes tolerances...should've gone with gpm?

one hub isn't very bad, just acceptable for cheap. the other is BAD and will likely bore out the bearing seat in no time.

the bad hub has bad tolerances in all directions too. sucks because i bought these thinking they would reduce slop...literally only reason, even at expense of more weight (much more).

anyways iy does have a much larger inner bearing, uses the normal inner bearing as a middle bearing, and the outter is same size.

the tolerance is bad enough on all that the bearings don't "seat" in place, just drop in / drop out. the worst hub the bearing can actually rotate / wiggle within bearing seat lol...what's more is at least 1mm to narrow; meaning wheel moves in / out about 1 mm...that's with one diff shim on outer bearing.

anyways, these 3 bearing aliexpress 6s rear hubs are an avoid imo

PXL_20220506_195022302.jpg

PXL_20220506_195111447.jpg

PXL_20220506_195401488.jpg

GPM hasn't been proven to be much of an upgrade with their parts, and some of them cost as much as the vitavon ones. Never had an issue with plastic hubs or diff cases personally.

GPM hasn't been proven to be much of an upgrade with their parts, and some of them cost as much as the vitavon ones. Never had an issue with plastic hubs or diff cases personally.

thanks for opining; are you speaking from experience using their mojave rear hubs? Also you seem to imply that vitavon rear hubs would be "proper" have you used those also? (if so wow!)

my "issue" with rear hub is slop. Am thinking the bearing size is too small, even if there was a plastic composite with larger bearing(s) that would be my choice.

the additional weight hit is huge with these cheap rear hubs i got, am keeping them installed just to "use them up"; stock will go back on once these alum ones start to get too bad.

thanks for opining; are you speaking from experience using their mojave rear hubs? Also you seem to imply that vitavon rear hubs would be "proper" have you used those also? (if so wow!)

my "issue" with rear hub is slop. Am thinking the bearing size is too small, even if there was a plastic composite with larger bearing(s) that would be my choice.

the additional weight hit is huge with these cheap rear hubs i got, am keeping them installed just to "use them up"; stock will go back on once these alum ones start to get too bad.
I haven't used the gpm hubs but i've stripped gpm axles and drive shafts in udr's. The udr parts are as much as vitavon there. Also have seen plenty of posts of gpm parts not lasting on the k8 and random 6s trucks. I do have two trucks i bought used with vitavon hubs on them that i gave to my friends. Not an upgrade i mess with and i'm running plastic on the 2 running, 2 in progress, and 2 more to be built mojaves.

mojave9.jpg

mojave10.jpg

mojave15.jpg

Picked up some aliexpress alum 3 bearing rear hubs....yikes tolerances...should've gone with gpm?

one hub isn't very bad, just acceptable for cheap. the other is BAD and will likely bore out the bearing seat in no time.

the bad hub has bad tolerances in all directions too. sucks because i bought these thinking they would reduce slop...literally only reason, even at expense of more weight (much more).

anyways iy does have a much larger inner bearing, uses the normal inner bearing as a middle bearing, and the outter is same size.

the tolerance is bad enough on all that the bearings don't "seat" in place, just drop in / drop out. the worst hub the bearing can actually rotate / wiggle within bearing seat lol...what's more is at least 1mm to narrow; meaning wheel moves in / out about 1 mm...that's with one diff shim on outer bearing.

anyways, these 3 bearing aliexpress 6s rear hubs are an avoid imo

View attachment 215924

View attachment 215925

View attachment 215926
If you are going to upgrade your hubs go with hot racing I have had no problems with them installed a year ago + but I don’t bash just speed runs

If you are going to upgrade your hubs go with hot racing I have had no problems with them installed a year ago + but I don’t bash just speed runs
yup, seems they're best value. read that vitavons are good too.

just wanted to try the cheap version. also the 3 bearing seemed unique / interesting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back