Talion Aluminum diff case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have experience with this aluminum diff case for my center diff, after putting in 500k fluid in the plastic cup, some gears stripped and the cup is just beat up from overtime.

https://www.ebay.com/i/264548406637...MIg470t_XA6gIVkeDICh0fBAxAEAQYBCABEgKcUPD_BwE
They are okay, I had issues fitting the rubber o-rings properly and @Mr.Duke had the tiny screws strip out on his because they were put in with red threadlock. I also used them in the front and rear diffs and had a hell of a time getting the play shimmed out. They are a bit better than the 1 piece design as they have a steel sleeve where the out drive goes through, the 1 piece design is just solid aluminum and the out drives being steel riding on aluminum usually leads to wear over time.

They are okay, I had issues fitting the rubber o-rings properly and @Mr.Duke had the tiny screws strip out on his because they were put in with red threadlock. I also used them in the front and rear diffs and had a hell of a time getting the play shimmed out. They are a bit better than the 1 piece design as they have a steel sleeve where the out drive goes through, the 1 piece design is just solid aluminum and the out drives being steel riding on aluminum usually leads to wear over time.
Would you recommend the one I listed or the arrma aluminum two piece diff case.

Would you recommend the one I listed or the arrma aluminum two piece diff case.
I have no experience with those so I cannot tell you if they are better or not.

Do you think that with 500k diff fluid an aluminum center diff case will be better than the plastic diff case
In my opinion yes, I never had that much luck with the stock plastic ones in the center, the screws never stayed in and it always leaked.

Is there a special way to build these or just go off of what the website says? 2 shims under each Planetary and reuse the shims under each sun gear
I would build them like shown on the website, but assemble them dry first.

I would build them like shown on the website, but assemble them dry first.
Thanks for the tip. I got this built and installed last night in my outcast 500k diff fluid. Seemed pretty smooth dry and with oil. Hoping to get a run in today to see how its holding up. My stock center worked fine, Gears seemed in great shape. I just had issues with the plastic diff cup leaking. Hopefully this solves the issue. Used a fresh gear kit too!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back