Kraton Aluminum diff cases?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killer Kraton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Are the Gmp as good as HR?
I keep having diff problems and would like to solve them. Not sure what broke this last time...haven't pulled it open.

I have had good luck with both HR, and GPM parts. In the case of say a diff cover, the GPM is about half the price as the HR one. I have not changed the diff case yet, but did open them all up and change fluid weight. If they start to leak, I will be buying the GPM covers. I mean it’s 3 diffs per rig. 32 each rom HR, or 16 each from GPM.... you tell me

https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-krat...tial-case-5pcs-set-gpm-mak011-p-90084816.html

I went with the HR diff cups and other parts since they are machined and not cast.

I have not had much luck with GPM Racing stuff, I am 1 for 4 for getting something that wasn't junk or made incorrectly.

my daughter ran her outcast first time last weekend. I was mounting fan on the motor and during inspection i noticed rear diff input area and on chassis was a bit of dirty diff fluid; also at the center diff and pinion/spur. it was only run in a parking lot. I checked my project tomahawk kraton and found nothing, totally clean.

the difference = tomahawk kraton was a complete ground-up build from new-in-box with all 3x HR diff cups, shimmed diffs, front/rear HR bulkheads, and fast eddy sealed bearings. also, thicker diff fluid 60k/200k/30k.

I have the gpm cases and i love them. Its a full aluminum case and all parts are included unlike HR. Neither one comes with that little piece that mounts the the wing mount and chassis brace tho which sux dong but the GPM is more complete and quality is high. Get'um.

I went with the HR diff cups and other parts since they are machined and not cast.
So the HR ones are machined and Gpm are cast? Thats no contestfor me! Thanks... i think i could get away with front and rear only. Use the original in center. I have thought about that direct drive center spool for center. Keep it level more...

What's the difference between machined and cast, thinking of getting the fastrax aluminium gearbox
Machined parts are made by machine from a chunk of aluminum, cast parts are made in a mold using liquid metal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back