Big Rock Aluminum Ebay shocks and a Big Rock w/pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will the 4S shock speings fit the 6s shock? I need this info before i get the 6s rear shock from the outcast for my kraton4s
Not sure to be honest. And Idk if the Outcast 6s shocks are the same size as the Outcast 4s. Do you have eye to eye measurements for the 4s shocks by chance?

Not sure to be honest. And Idk if the Outcast 6s shocks are the same size as the Outcast 4s. Do you have eye to eye measurements for the 4s shocks by chance?
Apparabtly the outcast ones the rear are 140mm eye to eeye and the front 120mm
My 4s shock rear are 115mm eye to eye. Are the typhon shocks springs more heavy or the oucast?

My 4s shock rear are 115mm eye to eye. Are the typhon shocks springs more heavy or the oucast?
Okay sounds like the 4s shocks are the same measurements as the 3s shocks. So you don't want to use Outcast 6s shocks as they will be too long. The Typhon 6s shocks are softer than the Outcast 6s shocks.

There are a lot of options for shocks in the lower part of the first post in this thread. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-blx-4s-shocks-upgrades-and-information.7413/

Okay sounds like the 4s shocks are the same measurements as the 3s shocks. So you don't want to use Outcast 6s shocks as they will be too long. The Typhon 6s shocks are softer than the Outcast 6s shocks.

There are a lot of options for shocks in the lower part of the first post in this thread. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-blx-4s-shocks-upgrades-and-information.7413/
They are out of stock the typhon shocks. The front outcast shock have 120mm eye to eye 5mm more is not a big deal. The typhon shock have softer springs then?

Attachments

• IMG_0809.PNG
    IMG_0809.PNG
    370.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
They are out of stock the typhon shocks. The front outcast shock have 120mm eye to eye 5mm more is not a big deal. The typhon shock have softer springs then?
Look at the thread I posted above there are a lot of options for shocks.

Looks like they should fit. Idk what the od is of the stock shocks maybe 17mm?

Gotta keep checking on those Typhon shocks @Jenny's. They sell out quick because it's a *necessary (imo) upgrade and folks buy em up as soon as they're posted.

Gotta keep checking on those Typhon shocks @Jenny's. They sell out quick because it's a *necessary (imo) upgrade and folks buy em up as soon as they're posted.
I just checked my 4s spring rate is 5lbs and the 6s outcast spring also has 5lb spring
They are the same size like the typhon shocks but with stuffer springs

After looking oart per part the outcast shafts are 2mm shorter.. and i measure 120mm on my rear kraton eye to eye.. at the end what is the correct measures
Not going to upgrade cant belive im looking this for now 2 hours going to buy the remplacement shaft for the rear and spend the money on something else

Last edited:
Please correct the 4s and 3s shocks doesn't have the same eye to eye measures the 4s has 121mm in the rear specified from jenny rc and it is correct i came out with the same measures
Been 2 hours trying to figure everything out differant values everywhere im going to give up and just buy the remplacement 18$ shaft

After looking oart per part the outcast shafts are 2mm shorter.. and i measure 120mm on my rear kraton eye to eye.. at the end what is the correct measures
Not going to upgrade cant belive im looking this for now 2 hours going to buy the remplacement shaft for the rear and spend the money on something else
There are 2 different Outcasts and 2 different Kratons so I have no idea which ones you are referring to. But the current 6s Outcast and Kratons are
Front: AR330490 114mm
Rear: AR330481 134mm

I don't know what the measurements are for the 4s shocks because no one has posted this information that I have seen.

And again like I stated above look in that thread as there are many options for aftermarket shocks not just the Arrma ones.
Please correct the 4s and 3s shocks doesn't have the same eye to eye measures the 4s has 121mm in the rear specified from jenny rc and it is correct i came out with the same measures
Been 2 hours trying to figure everything out differant values everywhere im going to give up and just buy the remplacement 18$ shaft
In your post above you said the rears were 115mm? So are they 115 or 121?

Last edited:
There are 2 different Outcasts and 2 different Kratons so I have no idea which ones you are referring to. But the current 6s Outcast and Kratons are
Front: AR330490 114mm
Rear: AR330481 134mm

I don't know what the measurements are for the 4s shocks because no one has posted this information that I have seen.

And again like I stated above look in that thread as there are many options for aftermarket shocks not just the Arrma ones.

In your post above you said the rears were 115mm? So are they 115 or 120?
I said 115 rear because thats what the port you sended me said
My
After measuring and confirmed the 4s rear shock is 121mm long
In the 4s platform

I may have skipped a few posts, so don't grill me here, but I can assure you that the 4S shocks need to be longer than the 3S shocks. The 4S arms are longer and the bottom shock mounting hole is further out on the a-arms. My Typhon 6S shocks restrict my Kraton a-arms from drooping all the way down, effectively straining the shocks on full travel.

I may have skipped a few posts, so don't grill me here, but I can assure you that the 4S shocks need to be longer than the 3S shocks. The 4S arms are longer and the bottom shock mounting hole is further out on the a-arms. My Typhon 6S shocks restrict my Kraton a-arms from drooping all the way down, effectively straining the shocks on full travel.
I know
I gave up Too complicated I ordered the remplacement part out of ebay for 15$ and an extra slipperclub hub and front huB. Just in case if it breaks again i wish arrma could just sell the end hub itself for like 5.99
Becayse 15.99 for 3 pieces 2 are useless for the fix:/

I said 115 rear because thats what the port you sended me said
My
After measuring and confirmed the 4s rear shock is 121mm long
In the 4s platform

What are the measurement of the front shocks?

I know
I gave up Too complicated I ordered the remplacement part out of ebay for 15$ and an extra slipperclub hub and front huB. Just in case if it breaks again i wish arrma could just sell the end hub itself for like 5.99
Becayse 15.99 for 3 pieces 2 are useless for the fix:/

No you are making it too complicated. Is it really that hard for you to measure your own shocks and compare them against the measurements of the shocks that are already listed for you?

Given that the rear stock shocks are 121mm as you measured these should in theory all work but again I don't know what the measurement of the front shocks are because no one has posted that information even though I have asked for it in a couple of different threads.

HSP Shocks -
Trackstar Shocks -

Basher Sabertooth shocks -
Also need steel balls or nitro fuel line.
ZD Racing Shocks -

• Front: 110mm eye to eye
https://m.banggood.com/nl/2PCS-8001...s-p-1436245.html?rmmds=detail-bottom-alsolike
  • Rear: 132mm eye to eye
https://m.banggood.com/nl/2PCS-8002...s-p-1436241.html?rmmds=detail-bottom-alsolike

Post 2 in this thread also lists all of the eye to eye measurements for the 6s shocks. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...cks-upgrades-and-information.7413/#post-72395

And too add to all of this nowhere in the thread posted above does it say that the 4s shocks are 115mm in the rear it specifically states Mega 4x4 and 3s. Show me where it says 4s?
  • Stock front shocks for the Mega and BLX 3s are 100mm eye to eye.
  • Stock rear shocks for the Mega and BLX 3s are 115mm eye to eye.
I'm not trying to be a jerk but I'm done spoon feeding you information do some reading and actually pay attention to what you are reading so you don't confuse yourself again.

Last edited:
I bought these when I first got my BRCC because my stock shocks snapped on the first jump. I did find that the bottom mount gets disformed and falls off but I found some cheap aluminum ones on eBay that fit and I loctite them on and no problems other than that. I am wanting to get some typhon 6s shocks just because they look really good on the BRCC but these are a really good cheaper option

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back