Aluminum EXB diff gaskets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grunenteufel

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So, I ordered the metal EXB diff case (ARA311061) but it only came with one gasket. The screws were correct, though! The image shows two gaskets and I would also assume two are needed.. Upon further investigation the Arrma metal diff gasket set comes with 3 gaskets to "service all 3 diffs" but maybe that just assumes replacing the top gasket only? Thought I'd see if anyone knew definitively.. hoping to get this Kraton EXB up and running finally. TIA

I'm not 100% sure but some of those have a rubber O ring on one side and a regular gasket on the other. Someone else will either correct or confirm soon I'm sure.

I bought 2 metal center diff cases ARA220050 last week from the arrma store on amz and they both came with 2 gaskets in the pack. I have not opened them yet to install them or check screws, etc but I can see 2 gaskets in each package.

PXL_20230209_103153785.jpg

Mine came with 2 gaskets but the wrong screws. Cant believe they fixed the issue with the screws now it comes with 1 gasket?? Unless they changed how ts put together can you post a picture?
I bought 5 cases a couple of weeks back, they all came with the correct screws and 2 gaskets.

Buddy of mine just got 3 cases today, all are correct.

So it’s probably just bad luck.

@Grunenteufel did you actually open the bag? The gaskets like to stick together, at first glance it looked like I only had 1 gasket in each bag too.

I bought 2 metal center diff cases ARA220050 last week from the arrma store on amz and they both came with 2 gaskets in the pack. I have not opened them yet to install them or check screws, etc but I can see 2 gaskets in each package.

View attachment 276854
Those are the normal diff cases(non exb)

View attachment 276854
I actually ordered one of these first by accident and I saw it also came with 2 gaskets as yours did. The plot thickens
The gaskets are the same for the plastic and metal diff cases.
The plastic ones only use one gasket, that´s why it says it will "service all 3 diffs".

I just checked the metal diffs I got a few weeks ago, they all came with 2 gaskets.
Hm, that's strange. Because my stock plastic diff case doesn't seem to have any sort of gasket. I can definitely see the plastic diff only needing one gasket for the top since the bottom is closed w/ an o-ring.. But being that the metal diff cases have a separate bottom plate to screw on I would be inclined to think that requires a gasket.
330223094_1140515663314031_8371248944325111693_n.jpg

I bought 5 cases a couple of weeks back, they all came with the correct screws and 2 gaskets.

Buddy of mine just got 3 cases today, all are correct.

So it’s probably just bad luck.

@Grunenteufel did you actually open the bag? The gaskets like to stick together, at first glance it looked like I only had 1 gasket in each bag too.
Dang, yeah just bad luck. Did you put both gaskets on the top and bottom then? Accidentally ordered the non-exb version and that came with 2 gaskets.
Mine came with 2 gaskets but the wrong screws. Cant believe they fixed the issue with the screws now it comes with 1 gasket?? Unless they changed how ts put together can you post a picture?
Right?? Always something I guess lol. Posted the question on the Horizon product page
329745518_867178717887261_2907602838227364827_n.jpg

Last edited:
You are really overthinking this.

The stock plastic diff cases have always had 1 gasket, the metal diff 2.

If your 29mm metal diff case came with only 1 gasket, you got unlucky and need to contact Horizon or the seller.
Or use the old gasket from the plastic case if it's still in good condition...

No conspiracy or malicious plot to uncover here, boys. :ROFLMAO:

You are really overthinking this.

The stock plastic diff cases have always had 1 gasket, the metal diff 2.

If your 29mm metal diff case came with only 1 gasket, you got unlucky and need to contact Horizon or the seller.
Or use the old gasket from the plastic case if it's still in good condition...

No conspiracy or malicious plot to uncover here, boys. :ROFLMAO:
Huh? Malicious plot? LOL. I did concede to just being unlucky in the above reply. Also mentioned I contacted Horizon. Thank you for the continued efforts, though. Oh, and I finally noticed the 1 gasket on the plastic diff that blended in with the metal of the gear. Just sucked it up and bought a $6 pack of replacements.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back