Notorious Aluminum Parts... Other than being pretty, are they beneficial, more durable, or just bend....LOL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbx123

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Does installing aluminum parts such front and rear arms and or Knuckle arms make it more durable or will these parts bend/break and just cost more to replace?
In this GPM_KIT they even have thicker drive shafts.

IS THIS STUFF BLING OR REALLY USEFULLY FOR DURABILTY........That is my question.....

And I am starting to learn how to land on the wheels when playing with my jump ramp........:p

It's bling imho.
There are some alu upgrades that make sense. You do need chassis braces but I'd go with HR or M2C.
Arms -stay far away. They will bend and in the process most likely kill something else which makes it all a lot more expensive.

Alu-hubs are good to have but not necessary.

Drive shafts etc, get them from a kit breaker (Jenny etc.) no idea on GPM stuff. I do know that there alu parts are typically inferior compared to stock except for the looks.

Same is true for Integy parts.

It's bling imho.
There are some alu upgrades that make sense. You do need chassis braces but I'd go with HR or M2C.
Arms -stay far away. They will bend and in the process most likely kill something else which makes it all a lot more expensive.

Alu-hubs are good to have but not necessary.

Drive shafts etc, get them from a kit breaker (Jenny etc.) no idea on GPM stuff. I do know that there alu parts are typically inferior compared to stock except for the looks.

Same is true for Integy parts.
WHAT IS "a kit breaker (Jenny etc.) "

Plastics flex, aluminum does not. In a bad nose dive there will be a good chance aluminum won't survive.

Aluminium chassis braces are a necessity for me from the get go. I would be open to trying all of the parts in that kit EXCEPT the aluminium A arms. For durability, you'll be far better off with keeping the A arms plastic to allow for some flex, otherwise you'll risk breaking other surrounding parts whilst bending the aluminium arms too

I've bought the GPM front and rear hubs but I've yet to fit them. I think they'll hold up better than the stock plastic ones which I've had two front ones crack

I assumed that the Alum would bend and it was for BLING...... But you guys are slowing down..... It took about 5 minutes for the first reply....:LOL:

For the diffs, I highly recommend the alloy ARA220050 units for the 6s family (except the EXB). The heat which is generated in these units, plastic units are a no-no as they have been known to melt. HR diff cases are a NTH and to date I have found no need for them.

Alloy chassis braces are a NTH, all depends on your intended use. Serious air requires alloy front and rear braces.

Alloy arms and bearing carriers are for those who can’t make their rigs go fast, so they make it look like it goes fast. In other words, shelf queens ?

Last edited:
I like what Mr.Titanium said. If you like to bash hard and take calculated challenges i agree most aluminum is bling which is nice but not essential for regular fun. However i am looking for more speed and am looking forward to seeing my diff take abuse and see what happens. I put 1million in the centre diff and 20000 in the front with a 20t pinion in my Notorious running pro line trenchers on 6s. Sounds like an airplane. crazy. I already have many spares from Jennys. Experimentation I enjoy.

Does installing aluminum parts such front and rear arms and or Knuckle arms make it more durable or will these parts bend/break and just cost more to replace?
In this GPM_KIT they even have thicker drive shafts.

IS THIS STUFF BLING OR REALLY USEFULLY FOR DURABILTY........That is my question.....

And I am starting to learn how to land on the wheels when playing with my jump ramp........:p
Personally preference! I have some rigs with HR parts. I would stay away from aluminum a-arms, you’ll end up with a broken chassis. I tried GPM and wasn’t impressed, HR makes decent parts for almost everything. I have some aluminum parts on most of my rigs and they’re still fast!?

20200902_195932.jpg
only plastic arms, hot racing for larger bearings,make for longer life on 6S...FOR BIG AIR I FLY PLANES..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back