Granite Aluminum pivot balls not fitting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock
  3. BigRock 4x4
  4. Granite
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
So my old plastic pivot ball set is toast and I got some hot racing ones and there not fitting…any help would be amazing!

image.jpg

image.jpg

I don't own the aluminum ones but as i see you are trying to put in the wrong pivot ball. The one in the picture with the shock is one for the steering and upper link arms. The ones for the shocks are those...

Screenshot_20210729-232211_Chrome.jpg

But i'm not totally sure, correct me if i'm wrong.

Yes I am having to shave some off to…how did you shave off your plastic I’m using some for pliers like this…

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ok….I just noticed something…my shock shafts are bent…🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I do t have new ones but I think I have some old traxxas t maxx ones that will fit just fine…even the t maxx ones look kinda bent…guess it’s time to go shock shopping LOL

image.jpg

image.jpg

Don't shave your shock hole. That should fit you just need some pressure to pop it in. The part that you have the shave is on the bulkhead like me and @Steve38 are saying. And just take your shaft out and put it on something flat and hit it with a hammer. No need for a new one I just did that last night

Don't shave your shock hole. That should fit you just need some pressure to pop it in. The part that you have the shave is on the bulkhead like me and @Steve38 are saying. And just take your shaft out and put it on something flat and hit it with a hammer. No need for a new one I just did that last night
Ok I will do that.
Do you have a Granite Mega or a Granite BLX 3s? This subject has been discussed on this forum before, and it was found that the HR aluminum pivot balls do NOT fit on a Mega.
It was a mega….

Do you have a Granite Mega or a Granite BLX 3s? This subject has been discussed on this forum before, and it was found that the HR aluminum pivot balls do NOT fit on a Mega.
Not that I have a mega but do you know why it doesn't fit the mega?

I am going to get some of these soon…: Arrma GRANITE 4x4 3s BLX - Tie Rods & Turnbuckles (Front/Rear ARA4302V3 on eBay
But other than those it has every part that the 3s has.

These things are well worth the upgrade. Git sick of replacing the stock ones, so took the plunge on these and the diffrence is like night and day.

Somebody mentioned that the fix is temporary and that it'll just make the rod ends wear much faster. Well I've been running them for the last month without issue

Not that I have a mega but do you know why it doesn't fit the mega?
It was stated in a post that the Mega has different sized pivot balls, partly because it uses plastic links rather than the turnbuckles used on the BLX models. There may be other differences too, but I don't know what they might be. I'm only stating what I read.

These things are well worth the upgrade. Git sick of replacing the stock ones, so took the plunge on these and the diffrence is like night and day.

Somebody mentioned that the fix is temporary and that it'll just make the rod ends wear much faster. Well I've been running them for the last month without issue
They eventually do wear down and get loose and fall out on their own unfortunately but they're still worth it to tighten things up a little bit. Team Associated or is it Tekno? Makes some that are supposedly better than the HR ones but they aren't red.

Hmm… so I’m going to order some tierods and shocks will that be all I need to fix my shocks and get the pivot balls to work?

Hmm… so I’m going to order some tierods and shocks will that be all I need to fix my shocks and get the pivot balls to work?
Yes. Check youtube when installing the pivot balls. There a couple good ones u can go step by step. I had to
Jennysrc if u want stock shocks. They are cheaper there. Or upgrade

they do fit the mega

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back