Aluminum rod end upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a follow-up. I received the parts and realized that I ordered the wrong sized internally threaded aluminum link. The correct size appears to be 79mm (I should have measured before I ordered). I'm going to re-order the parts including (longer set screw 20mm) and post some pics when I get everything. Sorry for the delay.

Last edited:
No worries man, I'm sure the rest of us are just glad your making the leap to try them out! Thanks for the update!!

No problem, just make sure you let us know how it works out. Update on my experiment is working out. I replaced all my ends with new ones but this time I tapped the ends and put shoe goo on all the ends, so far, no brakes, no problems. I think part of the problem is the ends are not tapped. Basically when you put a screw in an untapped part, you are forcing it in with no real threads. Wish I could tell you what size tap I used. Had a old set of metric taps with no markings.

I noticed that also that they are not tapped. I have only broken a couple pushrod ends and that's from running into things mainly. Lol. I think the bigger issue is the shock rod ends. I wonder if the ones jc-nero is looking onto would fit the shock shafts..?

I noticed that also that they are not tapped. I have only broken a couple pushrod ends and that's from running into things mainly. Lol. I think the bigger issue is the shock rod ends. I wonder if the ones jc-nero is looking onto would fit the shock shafts..?
The shock ends would require a different sized rod end (M4 vs M3) than the push rod. That being said, there are M4 aluminum threaded rod ends that are available and I will look into getting some to try out.

Well shoot if your willing to play guinea pig than I'm not going to argue. Lol
I would order some to test but my Nero is down for the time being as I need to send in motor/ esc for repairs.. Arrma stuff as well as Castle stuff. But if you don't get around to it by the time my parts arrive fixed, I may be willing to try out some aluminum rod ends from them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back