Kraton Aluminum steering knuckles Arrma Kraton from GPM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomberland

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Hey guys,

Last night I ordered a pair of aluminum steering knuckles from Aliexpress for my Kraton. I paid 33 euro for them. The Hot Racing ones look very nice also, but they are around 50 euro's so I though let's try the cheap ones out first.

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1-8-...lgo_pvid=26f660b0-a9cc-43f4-a6ea-548e4184fc1a

Is there anyone here who tried these parts yet? Are they from GPM? I think the main advantage from the Hot Racing once, is that they use oversized bearings. These cheaper chines ones use the stock size bearings.

not a fan of cheap crap, but the cheap stuff these days is not to bad. Hope it works out for you.

I have the ones from hot racing and it's by far what are the best pieces on the car in my opinion. GPM doesn't have a very good reputation. Although I do use the GPM extended hexes and they've held up really nice but I would not use anything else, each to their own.

Last edited:
I have the ones from hot racing and it's by far what are the best pieces on the car in my opinion. GPM doesn't have a very good reputation. Although I do use the GPM extended hexes and they've held up really nice but I would not use anything else, each to their own.

Well you guys made me reconsider my purchase. I cancelled the GPM steering knuckles and ordered the Hot Racing ones from Ebay. The difference was only 11 euro so for that little extra I have bigger bearings a proven good upgrade item made by a real brand.

I ordered the rear hubs also, so the set is complete now. I hope I won't get any extra charges from customs since I had to order them from Amerika. Well, we'll see!!

These are the parts I ordered. I can't wait! :cool:

https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=AON21M01;c=926

https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=AON22M01;c=1058

Well you guys made me reconsider my purchase. I cancelled the GPM steering knuckles and ordered the Hot Racing ones from Ebay. The difference was only 11 euro so for that little extra I have bigger bearings a proven good upgrade item made by a real brand.

I ordered the rear hubs also, so the set is complete now. I hope I won't get any extra charges from customs since I had to order them from Amerika. Well, we'll see!!

Not to nitpick, but it's America.

Nice! I have the rears as well. Your going to like the front and rears they're really well made.

Well as it turned out I was too late to cancel the GPM steering knuckles. So I received them last week from Aliexpress and deceided to install them on my Outcast. They look great and are much nicer than the stock plastic ones.

The Hot Racing ones will be installed on the Kraton. So I can compare the two. I will let you guys know if the GPM one is any good. The thing I hate about the stock plastic/composite steering blocks from Arrma is the fact that sooner or later the screw-thread will strip from the aluminum front hub nuts. That problem is now gone with the GPM ones. The hub caps/nuts that come with the set also have a 0-ring installed, just like the Hot Racing ones. So it should stay put once you installed them.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with them. I've thoguth about getting the HR steering knuckles for my Talion and Notorious, but the cost to get them in the UK ruled it out.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with them. I've thoguth about getting the HR steering knuckles for my Talion and Notorious, but the cost to get them in the UK ruled it out.

Yes in my case I also had to buy them from outside of the EU. Mine came from the USA, so there was a risk my package could be intercepted by customs and I had to pay extra tax and additional charges. That's always a bummer when that happens. Luckily in my case my package got through without extra charges. But even without extra charges the HR parts are still more expensive than the GPM once ofcourse. You pay for quality ofcourse, but I'm really surprised by the quality of these GPM ones. Time will tell if they are indeed any good and can hold up.

For future reference: Voltage Hobbies > Hot Racing > GPM.
Not sure what Voltage charges for overseas shipping, but you can't get better quality.

The UK is great. We get international shipping + UK VAT @ 20% (if it cost more than £18) + £8 ‘handling fee’ from UK Royal Mail (higher fee if it’s a courier like DHL). Customs duty is also applicable if the item was more than £120.
This makes a £40 item (base HR steering knuckles on ebay) cost 50% more at about £65.

We could really be doing with some EU based suppliers of the upgrade parts. Although that won’t help UK enthusiasts after the disaster that’s going to be Brexit.

The UK is great. We get international shipping + UK VAT @ 20% (if it cost more than £18) + £8 ‘handling fee’ from UK Royal Mail (higher fee if it’s a courier like DHL). Customs duty is also applicable if the item was more than £120.
This makes a £40 item (base HR steering knuckles on ebay) cost 50% more at about £65.

We could really be doing with some EU based suppliers of the upgrade parts. Although that won’t help UK enthusiasts after the disaster that’s going to be Brexit.
Yeah so true :( I’m always trying to order items from US for less than 19$ to don’t pay the 20% customs tax, unfortunately it’s not possible with upgrades from voltage hobbies or HR :/

For future reference: Voltage Hobbies > Hot Racing > GPM.
Not sure what Voltage charges for overseas shipping, but you can't get better quality.

The quality of the Voltage Hobbies parts is outstanding indeed. GKA customs parts are also very good. They are in the same league I think. I have GKA Customs parts on my Arrma Kraton and Voltage hobbies parts on my Outcast. My Senton is upgraded with Hot Racing. So far all 3 cars perform super and are very reliable. Here in the Netherlands the extra customs charges and Tax can spoil the fun also. Sometimes you're lucky, but most packages from the USA will be intercepted unfortunately.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back