Kraton Aluminum where it counts??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CL-Audio

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
So.....we all love emptying our pockets on this RC hobby, but we also love protecting them as best we can with upgraded parts. Those parts from the likes of Voltage, M2C, Hot Racing, etc tend to be aluminum and very pretty, lol.

My question is what do you guys consider in general to be the smartest places to place aluminum upgrades on our 1/8th scale Arrma friends?

We need some places to give/flex so that it protects the more expensive/difficult parts to access from being damaged.

I would say chassis braces is a no brainer.

Please give your opinions on what other parts you think should be aluminum and why please.

Thanks guys!!

Last edited:
  1. Chassis braces front and rear
  2. Rear shock tower
  3. Servo mount, especially earlier models
  4. Front shock tower
  5. Chassis plate
  6. All the small bits for suspension, steering, wing mount, etc.
All these parts are not needed if u baby your rig. People upgrade for different reasons. Some for bling, some because its cool and everyone's doing it. Some because they bash hard.

Some upgrade as they break things one by one while others throw the kitchen sink at it to try to make as bulletproof as possible.

Many do not have $200-$300 to throw into their rigs on alloy parts. I had no idea these 6s rigs were built with thin, soft aluminum when I bought them. Dumping a couple hundred more into strengthening them up wasn't in the plan.

With that being said, I've learned the weak points on here and especially YouTube, so decided to beef up braces, towers, servo mount. Chassis plate will happen if the stocker bends. Miscellaneous small alloys probably when they break or bend.

Mentality is beef what's needed and don't overthink it and end up with 1K rigs.
This is one reason I like 10 scale plastic rigs.

The M2C Goliath chassis really makes a firm foundation but maybe start with what arrmadillo has for you and if you have to straighten your chassis out more than once or twice it might be worth it.

A new thicker chassis with the two braces, is in my opinion, the most important ones. Once these are on, you should be able to jump, bash and pretty much do any kind of driving you want.. Even the idea of a t2t is all but eliminated with this mod. I have no problem straightening or replacing stock towers, and I would be worried all the time about bending one of those beautiful Voltage ones. Servo mount should be aluminum from the factory, so add that too. Not sold on the front and rear c-hubs/knuckles. Plastic tolerances aren't great, but not sure I would be able to notice the benefit of aluminum there, since I mostly just jump and bash.

You just busted a hub! ?
Easy and cheap replacement, and because it was plastic, nothing else was bent or broken. Aluminum would have torn apart something else in the steering from the force of the one wheel landing. I haven't graduated jumping school yet, so plastic is my friend.

Question guys I’m going threw the stock wing mounts like candy . What do you guys think about the hot racing aluminum one ??i have the kraton v4

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back