Kraton Aluminum wing for kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I have broke 3 wing mounts what do you guys think about the aluminum ones like hot racing any info helps I’m sick of replacing them

So I have broke 3 wing mounts what do you guys think about the aluminum ones like hot racing any info helps I’m sick of replacing them
Not a very good idea. When they hit hard, they're likely to bend and break other parts. You can use the broken mounts without the wing until you get better at driving the truck. Once you feel you're getting past the point of landing on the back, flipping or cartwheeling, you can try the wing again. When you do, you might want to try the RPM or T-Bone Racing mounts instead. Here's a picture of mine so you can see what I'm talking about. You need the pieces to support the rear chassis brace.

Attachments

• 20190414_113018.jpg
    20190414_113018.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 48
get a new one, boil it and learn to land...
It’s breaking from wheelies not jumps and I do have wheelie bar
Not a very good idea. When they hit hard, they're likely to bend and break other parts. You can use the broken mounts without the wing until you get better at driving the truck. Once you feel you're getting past the point of landing on the back, flipping or cartwheeling, you can try the wing again. When you do, you might want to try the RPM or T-Bone Racing mounts instead. Here's a picture of mine so you can see what I'm talking about. You need the pieces to support the rear chassis brace.
I had an rpm it broke from a wheelie lol

I broke my stock one after about a week. Been on RPM since and have yet to break it. Plenty of wheelies and wing landings and the RPM is still holding up after 15 or so packs.
I broke the rpm one today

10 feet high and pretty good 4 wheel landings
Kinda hard to see the mounts breaking from that. Dunno, bad luck maybe. I'm surprised that the RPM is still holding up after this long on mine and I'll jump 15-20 feet and have 3 or 4 bad landings after about a pack.

How long do you recommend to boil it ???
Til the internal temperature hits 165°F.

Just kidding, I've never boiled plastic so don't know. I do know there's some members that boil arms and other plastic parts in the winter to make them less fragile, I would think it's warm enough in the summer that boiling shouldn't be needed.

We used the "in cold water and slowly bring to boil and leave there for 5-6mins, turn off and let water and parts cool together " method.
We used on the original Mp9 and mbx6/t arms, I Personally never broke one anyway.

when doing on arms, be careful not to boil too long or you'll end up with TLR plastic, wear silly fast and will banana very fast.

Some people such as kevin tabolt say "soak in wd40" don't do that... makes them super flexy but when you put them back together anything you screw into them will strip out...then again... don't do what he does in general... especially when it comes to avoiding tax in the UK

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back