Am I charging right?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madmax

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hi guys, just got my charger after my first up120ac didn't work , I got myself a skyrc d100 . Now what should the volts be when I'm charging a 2000mah nimh battery at 2.0a ? It keeps climbing it's currently at 8.93v at 2.0a and been 24 mins.

Thanks

9.21v @33mins

Last edited:
Nimh cells will heat up when done. If it gets more than luke warm you can call it good. 2a is a 1c charge rate for that pack. That is at the upper limit for nimh and you can damage a pack at that rate if you overcook it so be careful.

For lipos if you had a 2000mah battery then charge at 2a

But for NIMH it got too hot when I did that and heat is not a friend it kills the battery more, but NIMH when it is done it should be warm and is the norm

Th
For lipos if you had a 2000mah battery then charge at 2a

But for NiMH it got too hot when I did that and heat is not a friend it kills the battery more, but NiMH when it is done it should be warm and is the norm
Thanks, not sure if I should get a bigger nimh or go lipo. Just a bit worried of charging lipos with all the horror stories lol.

Th

Thanks, not sure if I should get a bigger NiMH or go LiPo. Just a bit worried of charging lipos with all the horror stories lol.
It's all good, just always charge and store in lipo safety bag and also always use the balance plug

Go lipo when you go brushless, lipo is fun on the brushed but I am not sure if it will destroy your motor faster, and you constantly have to check temps so your motor doesn't burn out

I'd say go lipo when you go brushless and trust me it is fun as heck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back