Am I crazy?! 3s/4s Arrma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dasowner

Reaction score
I have always preached against running a spool Off-road, mainly based on horror stories. I'm thinking about doing some testing but don't want to ruin my diffs lol

Has anyone else ran spools Off-road over an extended period of time?
PXL_20221127_134816006.jpg

I have always preached against running a spool Off-road, mainly based on horror stories. I'm thinking about doing some testing but don't want to ruin my diffs lol

Has anyone else ran spools Off-road over an extended period of time?View attachment 258778
I'd say the plastic spur would probably take the bearing of the damage. If your ok with switching spurs more often then I say give it a shot and see how it holds up.

Well, since you're repping/distributing his parts, I figure you’d be in the best position to get feedback on the spool and how well it’s performing. What have customers been saying?
No one has been brave enough to run spool Off-road lol. Was hoping to find someone here
Well, since you're repping/distributing his parts, I figure you’d be in the best position to get feedback on the spool and how well it’s performing. What have customers been saying?
On-Road it's done great well over 130 mph

What exactly is the point of running the spool off-road? The bumpier the road, the more you want some slip tolerance in the spur. If you’re just trying to go fast, the smoother road, the better.

I do almost exclusively off-road bash/racing with a 3s blx granite. I never race with 100% power, because the wheels spin out, and the loss of control is no where near a good trade off for the slightly higher speed.

The only scenario I can imagine wanting an off-road spool is at the salt flats where everything is flat and smooth and traction is lower than street (so the wheels spin easier than the gears stripping).

What exactly is the point of running the spool off-road? The bumpier the road, the more you want some slip tolerance in the spur. If you’re just trying to go fast, the smoother road, the better.

I do almost exclusively off-road bash/racing with a 3s blx granite. I never race with 100% power, because the wheels spin out, and the loss of control is no where near a good trade off for the slightly higher speed.

The only scenario I can imagine wanting an off-road spool is at the salt flats where everything is flat and smooth and traction is lower than street (so the wheels spin easier than the gears stripping).
The point is because I'm running a bigger motor and running through too many slipper pads. Just going to downsize the motor and stick with the upgraded slipper hub setup.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back