Typhon Am I crazy, LOL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R/C Guy 386

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
I just finished soldering up my new ESC. It's a hundred and fifty amp 6s portable. I'm putting in my arrma 3s Typhon BLX. I'm going to run it on a 4S lipo with the stock. Motor or a real quick run just to see if it gets hot. Has anybody done this. Just curious I purchase a 2250kv motor to install in it. I just want to do see what it would be like this, LOL..
6s capable dang autocorrect

Attachments

• 20200211_063244.jpg
    20200211_063244.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 73
I just finished soldering up my new ESC. It's a hundred and fifty amp 6s portable. I'm putting in my arrma 3s Typhon BLX. I'm going to run it on a 4S lipo with the stock. Motor or a real quick run just to see if it gets hot. Has anybody done this. Just curious I purchase a 2250kv motor to install in it. I just want to do see what it would be like this, LOL..
6s capable dang autocorrect
The crazy part is using Deans plugs on a 6S capable rig ?‍♂️

I ran the BLX185 system, including the motor, in my Granite on 4S. Besides breaking the wheel driveshafts constantly, I felt the added weight of the electronics and the 4S battery ruined the driving feel of the truck. It wasn't nearly as nimble and that bothered me. I went back to a 3S setup.

I went with a blx120 setup in my granite with mx28 on 4s... About 2 minutes.. spur gear.. then changed to HR steel, then 2 more minutes, front driveshaft.. changed it.. 2 more minutes and another front shaft (this time on 3s). Now back to stock tires 3s only.. whatta waste of time and money. And yes my slipper was loose enough.. and I have the adjustable motor mount.. I call these days black hole days because nothing can escape.. WTF!?!

I went with a blx120 setup in my granite with mx28 on 4s... About 2 minutes.. spur gear.. then changed to HR steel, then 2 more minutes, front driveshaft.. changed it.. 2 more minutes and another front shaft (this time on 3s). Now back to stock tires 3s only.. whatta waste of time and money. And yes my slipper was loose enough.. and I have the adjustable motor mount.. I call these days black hole days because nothing can escape.. WTF!?!
You can’t pop a u-joint with a properly set slipper btws. Your slipper is too tight. I have been running 4S and 6S on my 3S and 4S rigs for a while now and went thru these issues until I figured out the slipper issue.

You can’t pop a u-joint with a properly set slipper btws. Your slipper is too tight. I have been running 4S and 6S on my 3S and 4S rigs for a while now and went thru these issues until I figured out the slipper issue.
I don't believe u.. I want to but don't.. if it's true then it must be going thermal with the heat.. how loose is loose enough? What is btws?

I don't believe u.. I want to but don't.. if it's true then it must be going thermal with the heat.. how loose is loose enough? What is btws?
By The Way is btws. Mine doesn’t slip much. It is just tight enough not to pop u-joints anymore. I used to pop a few per pack. Haven’t popped one since fall.

When accelerating you car should not wheelie agressivly like an outcast wanting to do a standing backflip. You will know when its too loose or hard. I was running with a tight slipper for a long time kinda ruined my rear driveshafts but they still did not pop out even once

I still don't get it... Guess I'm too old..?? so the w is plural? Doesn't dubs mean w? There's more than one? I really am old.. I googled it, I think u mean beyond The wizard sleeve.. right?
When accelerating you car should not wheelie agressivly like an outcast wanting to do a standing backflip. You will know when its too loose or hard. I was running with a tight slipper for a long time kinda ruined my rear driveshafts but they still did not pop out even once
Have u driven a granite on 4s?

Last edited:
Yeah mine will wheeling like crazy I had to do some aggressive stiffening of the rear shocks to compensate for it plus not hit the throttle so hardhard.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back