Kraton Am I the only one that's like meh?‍♂️

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah. No way $2000. And I'll be able to take this things I could never take my 6S. We need to stop comparing the two scales. Even the cost thing is getting old. It's not an issue for me and this truck isn't expensive for its size.

If it's getting old then why bring it up? ?‍♂️

Yep, quoted a post of you bringing up comparison in cost.. so again, if it's getting old why bring it up? don't flip the script and back pedal... ?‍♂️

Yep, quoted a post of you bringing up comparison in cost.. so again, if it's getting old why bring it up? don't flip the script and back pedal... ?‍♂️
Again that was 2 weeks ago. It's getting old now. And anyone that's been on this forum for a while knows I don't back pedal, lol ? Bottom line is that I love the Kraton 8S and it is well within my financial means. If money were an issue I'd be running a 3s truck and that's it.

Got it, not old then, is now... (y) :banghead:

There is definitely no doubt in my mind that mitch will make this thing bullet proof.. RC dude's run was very very impressive.. like I stated a long time ago.. I'm glad everyone that gets one is happy with it, that's the way it should be, and now options from m2c to make it that much more awsome! that's what it's all about, ripping, smiling, enjoying and laughing.. no doubt its gonna be a bad a** rig for the 5th scale guys when done up...

Did anybody here or see something about future 8s releases from Arrma? I saw Deardon mention it somewhere.
Arrma did a great job on the 8s platform and i hope they got more coming.

I agree.. I think it's a great opportunity for arrma to step into the 5th scale scene.. more revenue equals more awsome rigs in the future in all scales...

Are there any comments from the Kraton 8s owners, about wishes of a shorter chassis? (Outcast 8s). I’d hate to pickup a Kraton 8s and then Arrma release an Outcast 8s I’d rather have.

I don’t own any, nor driven any 1/5 vehicles but this new Kraton has me interested. I’m on acreage and will be renting a (smaller than my tractor) bobcat to build a dirtbike/RC track this summer. My 7yr old has outgrown his mini e-Revo and 1/10 stampede, and just started driving my Outcast 6s, and doing surprisingly well.
I think it would be fun to run a 1/5 with him!! :)

Are there any comments from the Kraton 8s owners, about wishes of a shorter chassis? (Outcast 8s). I’d hate to pickup a Kraton 8s and then Arrma release an Outcast 8s I’d rather have.

I don’t own any, nor driven any 1/5 vehicles but this new Kraton has me interested. I’m on acreage and will be renting a (smaller than my tractor) bobcat to build a dirtbike/RC track this summer. My 7yr old has outgrown his mini e-Revo and 1/10 stampede, and just started driving my Outcast 6s, and doing surprisingly well.
Just me , goes without saying but a shorter chassis will def change the driving characteristic of this rig , I mean for what little jumping I did with mine , it flies SOOOOOOOOOOOO nice !!!!! Shorter chassis will be very " touchy " on the throttle . Your son would do great with a " out of the box " K8S . For me , I am going to change out the 17t pinion for 20t ( most are doing the 23 ) , just want it a little faster than it is , with no heating up issues .

I'm sure there will be an 8S Outcast/Notorious so if that is what you want I would hold out. I don't think I will buy an 8S Outcast because I prefer the driving characteristics of the LWB more. But I know a lot of people like the SWB platform and I bet it will sell like hotcakes ???

Thanks for the input! I think I will hold out and cross my fingers for a Outcast 8s. Or are they called Notorious now?
Yep, for whatever reason I always grab the Outcast 6s vs Kraton 6s. I love how the Kraton floats and stays planted when running around on our rough field, but the Outcast has been my go to for fun with jumps/flips etc. I built a huge kicker and was able to do triple flips with the Outcast, and I just felt so bad even trying it with the Kraton.
My Kraton is like new, and Outcast is beat LOL!

Thanks for the input! I think I will hold out and cross my fingers for a Outcast 8s. Or are they called Notorious now?
Yep, for whatever reason I always grab the Outcast 6s vs Kraton 6s. I love how the Kraton floats and stays planted when running around on our rough field, but the Outcast has been my go to for fun with jumps/flips etc. I built a huge kicker and was able to do triple flips with the Outcast, and I just felt so bad even trying it with the Kraton.
My Kraton is like new, and Outcast is beat LOL!
Don't worry about the Outcast it's coming. What I want to see is a Typhon in that scale. Pure sweetness. It would probably be a bit smaller in length than a SBR & a bit wider.

Don't worry about the Outcast it's coming. What I want to see is a Typhon in that scale. Pure sweetness. It would probably be a bit smaller in length than a SBR & a bit wider.

outcast / typhon in the spring of 2020. Arrma dropped a lot of product this year and will spread things out

I'm also chomping at the bit for a typhon 8s
riveting-tale-chap.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back