Kraton Am I the only one that's like meh?‍♂️

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I already came to this conclusion last week. I think it’s a great model for people who have the space and skills to operate it, neither of which I have. I will be passing on this until it’s well sorted at the soonest.

Watched all the videos, seen the reviews, went to thru the parts, and I'm like idk about this. Some parts will be in high demand, some cost a fortune ($99 diff, $26 for a bulkhead?). And it has a smaller motor than my Notorious 4685 vs. 4985. ?
My LHS confirmed that parts will be available from day one. As in all 1/5 scale trucks, parts are going to be more expensive. I am not worried about the diffs at all. Did you see the size of them?

My LHS confirmed that parts will be available from day one. As in all 1/5 scale trucks, parts are going to be more expensive. I am not worried about the diffs at all. Did you see the size of them?
Yeah I wouldn't worry about those diffs.
Motor and esc I would though.
Anyways glad to see its really a monster. Looks awesome but leaves a place from my truggified mojave. So for now I will hold off. Have to sell my xmaxx anyways. :)

Watched all the videos, seen the reviews, went to thru the parts, and I'm like idk about this. Some parts will be in high demand, some cost a fortune ($99 diff, $26 for a bulkhead?). And it has a smaller motor than my Notorious 4685 vs. 4985. ?
I agree it's not what we all hoped it to be neither it's just a 6s truggie killer if it wasnt a kraton I might be a little more interested but I think I'm going to get an xmaxx or some type of nitro car
Idk,good point,those pillow balls had better be way tough.?
Haha I would be more worried about the 6s dogbone it using the ones one my infraction wont stay straight so with all this extra weight it's going to be a problem

I agree it's not what we all hoped it to be neither it's just a 6s truggie killer if it wasnt a kraton I might be a little more interested but I think I'm going to get an xmaxx or some type of nitro car

Haha I would be more worried about the 6s dogbone it using the ones one my infraction wont stay straight so with all this extra weight it's going to be a problem
I'm sure Rcdude will find the weak spots after gearing it up for launch.

If diffs are bulletproof under normal use by a skilled driver knowing what he is doing and elecronics. I might go for it when i have th money maybe next year. If it just needs better center braces that would be cool but i just noticed that the esc is 160 amps rated. If with the optionsl gearing it doesn't wheelie on like a xmaxx or be bunkers does when using a max6 well the esc might be an issue at that point with the stock pinion atm its a bit dissapointing remember when traxxas got so many bad reviews for the xmaxx 6s when it was claiming 50mph and only got i think 35ish mph? don't quote me on that
In my opinion it should have come with 50mph pinion out of the box and not 40mph one lacks of power by the videos i watched hope the high gearing makes this thing a complete beast of a car stock

I think i am a bit of an oddball, because i really have no interest in anything faster than 3S, and im really not into even the 1/7TH scale stuff. Some 1/8TH scale maybe, but, i doubt ill ever pull the trigger on one. Right now, except for my SCT's (which are the same dimensions roughly as a 1/8Th scale), all of mine are 1/10Th. My current list of possible new vehicles are a 3S Typhon, a 3S Senton, an ECX Circuit and Ruckus, or possibly a Losi 22S. Bigger and faster always translated into more expensive, and, for what i do with my cars, im not really into breaking the bank on repairs. I wish Arrma would come out with a line of 2WD 1/10th and maybe 1/8TH stuff, but, since HH owns ECX, i doubt they ever will.

Hate to say this, but the biggest issiue is its design with that weight. Alr bending T2T braces in bearly jumps. Meaning its back to square 1 with a soft chassi. Did see someone ripped out a upper arm axle, QC or not. You will prop see a M2C chassi in a near future.

The idea is good, it realy is, but the weight, materials and design..stamped chasai..4mm..peoples demand of a 8s car is this.

But happy for them, good or not, the line is complete now

Hate to say this, but the biggest issiue is its design with that weight. Alr bending T2T braces in bearly jumps. Meaning its back to square 1 with a soft chassi. Did see someone ripped out a upper arm axle, QC or not. You will prop see a M2C chassi in a near future.

The idea is good, it realy is, but the weight, materials and design..stamped chasai..4mm..peoples demand of a 8s car is this.

But happy for them, good or not, the line is complete now

F-in a man!... I thank you for that.. I felt like I was the only one that thought the design and wieght would be an issue... I appriciate your take on this...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back