Amain Comparison Review: Rustler vs Vorteks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was very surprised by the review. Especially the traxsuxx being faster and more punch off the line. But you must have traxsuxx batteries and more $$. Big turn off as I must spend more for batteries which I already own 3s batteries.

I watched the first 2 mins. Now I have an online class :ROFLMAO: . Doesn't the Rustler have driveshaft problems? Did they mention it?
Yes they did. They actually had both the rustler and the vorteks break a driveshaft during the review.

They did, they literally said it right after the first speed test. They got 60 off the 20t pinon. Chart at 5:53 in the video
Ah fair point - they mention the high speeder in the vorteks is 20t. I'd missed that because they then get so excited about 20t in the rustler! Found this chart a bit misleading because it doesn't have an arrma line in the final box.

Screenshot_20210526-172337_Chrome.jpg

Ah fair point - they mention the high speeder in the vorteks is 20t. I'd missed that because they then get so excited about 20t in the rustler! Found this chart a bit misleading because it doesn't have an arrma line in the final box.

View attachment 148218
I think it doesn't have an arrma line in the final box because you can’t buy an optional 65mph gearing option on the vortex, but I , may be wrong

I think it doesn't have an arrma line in the final box because you can’t buy an optional 65mph gearing option on the vortex, but I , may be wrong
Well that's my point. You could put a 22t or a 26t into the vorteks if you wanted. Arrma sell them aftermarket for the 3s line (I have an arrma 22t in my 4s typhon) so it's just as possible as what they did for the traxxas. Difference is arrma didn't write it on the box. Obvs I'm an arrma fan and completely recognise my own bias here.

Well that's my point. You could put a 22t or a 26t into the vorteks if you wanted. Arrma sell them aftermarket for the 3s line (I have an arrma 22t in my 4s typhon) so it's just as possible as what they did for the traxxas. Difference is arrma didn't write it on the box. Obvs I'm an arrma fan and completely recognise my own bias here.
Fair enough. I saw the review is basically saying that they both have strengths and weaknesses. You get whichever one you want to get and it will be a fine choice for you. I own both personally (I bought the rustler used and I built my vorteks from an old granite) and they are both fun to drive. I think the vorteks performs way better on 3s than the rustler does. The rustler is better on 2s imo. If I want to try doing speed runs I will pull out my felony. I do not think you purchase a stadium truck for speed runs.

Not trying to defend the rustler or anything, but what is your point?
Arrma 3s motor mounts will run up to a 26t pinion with no mods. Why did they feel the need to buy an extra speed pinion for the rustler, but not for the vorteks? They were simply doing whatever it took to defend "the fastest name in rc".

Arrma 3s motor mounts will run up to a 26t pinion with no mods. Why did they feel the need to buy an extra speed pinion for the rustler, but not for the vorteks? They were simply doing whatever it took to defend "the fastest name in rc".
Yeah I think the reason was what Grimbles said in his post. Arrma does not put it on the box and Traxxas does. We have always known Traxxas has a better marketing department. I mean, heck, you buy a new truck and half the documentation is just adds to buy more Traxxas crap. Arrma just sells you a truck and gives you the pinon.

Yeah I think the reason was what Grimbles said in his post. Arrma does not put it on the box and Traxxas does. We have always known Traxxas has a better marketing department. I mean, heck, you buy a new truck and half the documentation is just adds to buy more Traxxas crap. Arrma just sells you a truck and gives you the pinon.
Although of course you could describe any car in the arrma 3s line (or the rustler...or for that matter a piece of parmesan cheese) as over 100mph capable on the box with the same logic. Just buy an aftermarket esc, diffs, motor, tyres, shell, cap pack, spools... if I strapped the parmesan to an sr71 it would probably smash the sound barrier 🤣🚀

I was very surprised by the review. Especially the traxsuxx being faster and more punch off the line. But you must have traxsuxx batteries and more $$. Big turn off as I must spend more for batteries which I already own 3s batteries.
You don't have to use Traxxas batteries in a Traxxas vehicle. They make adapters, you can solder on a new connector or you can even change out the esc.

You don't have to use Traxxas batteries in a Traxxas vehicle. They make adapters, you can solder on a new connector or you can even change out the esc.
Yeah I thought that was interesting that the video did not mention that. Although, as a distributor for Traxxas, they probably did not want to say you could as it would piss off Traxxas and void your warranty. A bunch of crap, but it is what it is I suppose.

Yeah I thought that was interesting that the video did not mention that. Although, as a distributor for Traxxas, they probably did not want to say you could as it would piss off Traxxas and void your warranty. A bunch of crap, but it is what it is I suppose.
That's my thoughts as well. Traxxas probably would not like it very much if they said that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back