Amain Comparison Review: Rustler vs Vorteks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see anything wrong with using Traxxas connectors... the first gen TRX connectors work fine for me, and the newer ID connectors are compatible as well. (but it's just my opinion)

I was surprised the Vorteks went into thermal shutdown like it did. I also wonder if the right rear driveshaft actually broke or if the screw holding the axle came lose.

I was very surprised by the review. Especially the traxsuxx being faster and more punch off the line. But you must have traxsuxx batteries and more $$. Big turn off as I must spend more for batteries which I already own 3s batteries.
You can buy lipos with TRX plugs installed, I have some from SMC.

Ok! So, at the end of the day, I will be purchasing NEITHER one of these. (y):p
I thought it was a pretty honest review. Can't say it pushed me in either direction on either car.

All cars have their faults; it's just that reviews often overlook them.

I had the Rustler in 2020. It kept overheating with a 2s lipo in summer. Sorry, motor too small to handle the load. 3s not a chance. Yes, I did check the play between pinion and spur.

I had the Rustler in 2020. It kept overheating with a 2s lipo in summer. Sorry, motor too small to handle the load. 3s not a chance. Yes, I did check the play between pinion and spur.
I'm surprised they don't come with fans and a heatsink.

I thought it was a pretty honest review. Can't say it pushed me in either direction on either car.

All cars have their faults; it's just that reviews often overlook them.
As a retailer, Amain is in the business of selling you stuff. While that review was decent, they still want you to buy the cars. Not saying that Amain is evil or anything, that is just what they do for a living so you should take it with a grain of salt.
I had to buy the powerhobby heat sink and fan combo. It seems unforgivable these days to sell a brushless system WITHOUT a heatsink and fan for both the ESC and motor. Brushed systems can get a pass to a certain degree but even still...

They could have also reprogrammed the punch setting on the Vorteks from stock setting of 3 to 2, then try 1. Probably jumps the curb just fine and has much faster throttle response than the stock setting (this is a easy program in the radio). I have both vehicles, me & my grands just bash them in the neighborhood, I don't find any noticeable difference. The Voteks is certainly less expensive and gives way more battery options.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back