Amainhobbies coupon code playing the system?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankestein

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
For the last few weeks every time I order from AMain, the order honors the coupon code entered, moves to PP for payment, and then brings me back to the main order AMain page to finalize the order.

Once I am in the final order, it splits the order in two different shipments and because of that it breaks the code to honor the discount, although it is one payment, Amain reads it as two. Its the only store that does this, I have complained with them and their explanation is they are working on it, to call them.

I did check the list of not allowed items/restrictions, and the ones added to cart are good.

Another time, I added a item, 49.99, needed 50 to honor $5 off. I add clips, anything, I mean, I placed about seven different items running the cart, and each and every time it would split in two, BUT if the item is in the list of prohibited items for discount, then it leaves it with the 49.99 item, its more than 50 but does not qualify. So it does not matter if the item is valid, is sent in another shipment, if its not valid, its sent as one, either or, the shopping cart is designed not to honor coupon codes. And I don't know about others, but I hate to order over the phone, and I prefer using Paypal, over the phone is with CC which I refuse to be giving out to each and every online store out there, PP is all in one and easy to track.

split order.JPG

I had a similar problem. I order a majority of stuff from Amain H. I am a Gold member now.:LOL: You probably are too. I had to call in my order also, because it kept kicking out my coupon for absolutely no reason. They gave me no reason also, that they would overide my Cart and process it. They said to refresh my checkout page, and behold it went through. Perhaps this is not by accident, just a way to trim down discounting?? Conversely, I once used a coupon code for an item that did not qualify no issues. I expected the order to cancel at some point. But it shipped, no issue. But all in all, their sales support and tech support in general is above par compared to many others. Bear in mind you cant use a coupon code twice in one month. You probably know that. (y)

Not to minimize what has happened to you but I guess I have been lucky, probably a hundred transactions with multiple coupon codes and never had a problem. I hope you get it straightened out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back