Amazing light bar I found on Amazon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice find. I picked one up based on your post and it actually mounts perfectly to an Infraction using the holes from the roof skids. The wire runs down the roof and enters through the hole for the roll cage:

View attachment 161825

They are nice. Wonder if it also comes with a gaydar?

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

E2D0EFF4-B593-4F88-BE17-5A19D5B75338.png

Well, if it mounts like that it's a buy for me right now. Was tempted to get Polo lights, but don't want to cut the body.

I used M4 30mm flat head screws (yeah, it's a little ugly but I didn't have any 30mm button heads in my screw inventory) - it goes through the inner roll cage and is held in place by an M4 nylock nut on the underside. I ran a 15 cm servo extension cable from the receiver so I could have a quick disconnect between the chassis and the body. Also ran a couple of cable anchors along the side of the body. The only caveat is I turned off AVC (don't use it anyway) as i have a DX5 Pro and couldn't access AUX4 with AVC on (which takes steering, throttle, AUX1 and AUX2 for AVC and AUX3 for the handbrake). Set the transmitter button to momentary assigned to that aux channel and each click cycles through the pattern.

Curious, if you mounted it on the inside inverted, could you still put your roof skids on the outside since they are using matching holes? Then you could have your lights protected, and the wires would already be inside....just a thought.

I used M4 30mm flat head screws (yeah, it's a little ugly but I didn't have any 30mm button heads in my screw inventory) - it goes through the inner roll cage and is held in place by an M4 nylock nut on the underside. I ran a 15 cm servo extension cable from the receiver so I could have a quick disconnect between the chassis and the body. Also ran a couple of cable anchors along the side of the body. The only caveat is I turned off AVC (don't use it anyway) as i have a DX5 Pro and couldn't access AUX4 with AVC on (which takes steering, throttle, AUX1 and AUX2 for AVC and AUX3 for the handbrake). Set the transmitter button to momentary assigned to that aux channel and each click cycles through the pattern.

How the heck did you get a M4 screw through the bar mount hole?

Edit: Hmm. This AUX channel thing is goof point, I only have the DX3 that comes with the truck, so I guess I need to get rid of the handbrake or AVC? I've not driven the truck yet, so I'm not sure which is more useful. Probably disconnecting the handbrake so I don't accidentally grenade the center diff would be a decent idea.

Last edited:
How the heck did you get a M4 screw through the bar mount hole?

Edit: Hmm. This AUX channel thing is goof point, I only have the DX3 that comes with the truck, so I guess I need to get rid of the handbrake or AVC? I've not driven the truck yet, so I'm not sure which is more useful. Probably disconnecting the handbrake so I don't accidentally grenade the center diff would be a decent idea.

it works - I originally used an M4x20 with a locknut to secure the roof skid because people were reporting the skids were coming out with the droop screws (why?!?!?) that Arrma was using on the roof skids:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/roof-rail-question.27273/#post-377955

Had to get more of these. I now have four and trying to decide which rigs get them. Probably just speed run rigs. For me these are about function over form.

Tempting but i have no mojave anymore ;-;
And traxxas charges 100$ for this. Here in canada its 30$ plus insane shipping time but still better than the rip off bellow

EB0BA98E-E222-48A2-A812-D64D08D0A583.png

Last edited:
I bought this light bar few months ago from Ali Express for 11$-15$ (don't remember), and it's really nice.

One nice tip i found that you don't need to cycle though all the modes to turn it off, you can do a long (2-3sec) press on the aux button to turn it off.

You can't access AUX4 with a DX5? I know it's a 6 channel receiver, (STR, THR, AUX1-4) but surely you can switch it from trying to use AUX 1 or 2 to AUX 4 right? I would assume this since the DX3 that comes with the car uses AUX 3 instead of 1 or 2 (presumably, being a 3 channel TX). Kind of sucks to get a nice TX like a DX5 Pro or Rugged and still be locked into the same AUX channels as the DX3.

You can't access AUX4 with a DX5? I know it's a 6 channel receiver, (STR, THR, AUX1-4) but surely you can switch it from trying to use AUX 1 or 2 to AUX 4 right? I would assume this since the DX3 that comes with the car uses AUX 3 instead of 1 or 2 (presumably, being a 3 channel TX). Kind of sucks to get a nice TX like a DX5 Pro or Rugged and still be locked into the same AUX channels as the DX3.

I couldn't. It defaulted on AUX3 and wouldn't let me move from there. When I turned the AVC off, it allowed me to toggle between AUX1, AUX2 and AUX3.

Curious, if you mounted it on the inside inverted, could you still put your roof skids on the outside since they are using matching holes? Then you could have your lights protected, and the wires would already be inside....just a thought.

Has anyone tried this on a Mojave. I'm gonna order the Polo Creations stop light for the Infraction and was gonna get the Mojave kit to save on shipping, but if this light bar works inside the Mojave nicely I'd rather do that then the Polo light bar.

Has anyone tried this on a Mojave. I'm gonna order the Polo Creations stop light for the Infraction and was gonna get the Mojave kit to save on shipping, but if this light bar works inside the Mojave nicely I'd rather do that then the Polo light bar.
Yeah that’s what I have it mounted on.

I read this in the manual and this really confuses me being new to this. So I want this lightbar for my Infraction and I do use AVC with the DX5C. I am confused about AVC for AUX 1-2. Since I use AVC, where can I plug this in on the RX and what channel can I find to control it? I have nothing in the other slots so only the servo, ESC.

I read this in the manual and this really confuses me being new to this. So I want this lightbar for my Infraction and I do use AVC with the DX5C. I am confused about AVC for AUX 1-2. Since I use AVC, where can I plug this in on the RX and what channel can I find to control it? I have nothing in the other slots so only the servo, ESC.

I will be trying this today, but someone said you might be able to use a splitter off AUX 3 and plug the handbrake and light bar into it. Since pressing A doesn't activate the handbrake, you can cycle through the lights. I'm not sure if that will work with this bar, but I should be able to let you know later.

Last edited:
I will be trying this today, but someone said you might be able to use a splitter off AUX 3 and plug the handbrake and light bar into it. Since pressing A doesn't activate the handbrake, you can cycle through the lights. I'm not sure if that will work with this bar, but I should be able to let you know later.
Thx…let me know results. I have the v1 with no handbrake.

Hmm. It would appear that my results are inconclusive for the moment. the light bar would switch modes when I hit the B button, which activated the handbrake, and that's not good. Well I figure I just need to switch which button activates the handbrake, which I did. But at some point in all my wire switching, I think I fried the light controller on the light bar because it doesn't respond to any input, even if just plugged directly into the receiver. I'm going to get another one and try again with the switched A and B buttons when it comes in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back