Felony Amazon 12v 5mm leds vs normal leds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
So i always been quite intrigued about those amazon leds that are already pre wired with 8 leds. Plug and play and they are bright to the point of making u blind. You can even see them when its sunny. I have a tail light on my felony i made with a 5mm clear red led i had laying around but you cannot see it if theres any light outside. Its the only one i had left so i was planning to buy a new bulk of leds. am i missing something? I run a 200 omh resistor

So i always been quite intrigued about those amazon leds that are already pre wired with 8 leds. Plug and play and they are bright to the point of making u blind. You can even see them when its sunny. I have a tail light on my felony i made with a 5mm clear red led i had laying around but you cannot see it if theres any light outside. Its the only one i had left so i was planning to buy a new bulk of leds. am i missing something? I run a 200 omh resistor

If I am reading what you said right, 8 leds are going to be a lot brighter than a single one.

Do you mean the strip style lights like this? If so, yes they are bright. Pink is by far the brightest. Blue, not so much.

99087B2B-618F-46AE-8733-E5FFC1F31376.png

Keep in mind that led's of a different color require different resistors..

Plenty of charts on the web can help you with that..👍

Keep in mind that led's of a different color require different resistors..

Plenty of charts on the web can help you with that..👍
Yeah i did 6 v resistor for my red led is 200omh.
If I am reading what you said right, 8 leds are going to be a lot brighter than a single one.
No im saying are these just normal 5mm leds that they took and shoved a resistor on or theres something else funny going around. I did wire my own leds in the pass but they were never that bright.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back