Kraton amazon buyers beware of frankiestore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djhammy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
so I bought a hot racing center diff cover for my kraton 6s, from this guy selling under frankiestore out of El Monte CA, on amazon. not only did i over pay, but it took 9 days to get, and its a knock off integrity brand. what a disapointment... pic 1 is what was advertised, pic 2 is what i got, which looks alot more like pic 3

Screenshot_20220614-171023_Amazon Shopping.jpg

20220614_170930.jpg

Screenshot_20220614-171125_Amazon Shopping.jpg

This is unfortunately common on Amazon. Shady sellers pick up listings that were once used by legitimate sellers, piggybacking on the positive feedback to sell junk or knock-off items. You have to be careful. I usually only buy items sold directly by Amazon or directly from the manufacturer, and expect to have to return when I go off the board.

It's very uncommon on Amazon, mainly because of how easy it is to return items.
Just return and mark as incorrect advertisement (or whatever it's called). Amazon will fix him up quickly.
yea amazon has been good to me, and i did report the seller, I don't play them games...

omg this seller...using multiple addresses under the name Vladyslav morhun, or morhun vladyslav, but then wants me paying the return shipping! awh hell na....Amazon just told me to keep it and they will further investigate this seller...Thank You Amazon! meanwhile i ordered the correct part from amain hobbies.

20220615_073829.jpg

Ah thought it had just been coarsely machined but its a printed rip off of a rip off!
Is that thing 3d printed? I could almost swear I see some layer lines. Get a refund on that junk bro... pretty sure the old bait and switch is not ok on Amazon and that you'll 100% get your money back.

If It aluminum, it is not 3d printed, At least, not for $29.99 LOL. Those are CNC lines, not print layer lines. Same basic idea, though, you are seeing the path of the machine bit making the part. Course lines and no finishing/smoothing makes for a quicker part (time is money).

If It aluminum, it is not 3d printed, At least, not for $29.99 LOL. Those are CNC lines, not print layer lines. Same basic idea, though, you are seeing the path of the machine bit making the part. Course lines and no finishing/smoothing makes for a quicker part (time is money).
That's what I'd originally said up there 👆but Djhammy confirmed it was a printed part! Yer right that time is money but so is material, this hobby is awash with some of the jankiest materials known to man but this guy proper cheaped out!
At least he got refunded and was able to warn others of the vendors shenanigans!

That's what I'd originally said up there 👆but Djhammy confirmed it was a printed part! Yer right that time is money but so is material, this hobby is awash with some of the jankiest materials known to man but this guy proper cheaped out!
At least he got refunded and was able to warn others of the vendors shenanigans!

You just never know..
It would be a 3D printed "Lost Wax" method..
Where the actual part is originally 3D printed and sealed in a sand box and molten metal/aluminum-alloy is poured in and the 3D piece is melted/displaced by the said molten metal.. Then the part is removed and painted or sprayed/dipped in epoxy...

+1
And poor finishing usually results with Excess material where it doesn't belong.
A poor fit results. A copy without the Legit Logo is the Tip Off. Amazon doesn't allow Knock off copies/conterfeit's when they can help it.
This happens much with many China goods. Knockoffs/conterfeits is a big business. Pervasive and perfectly allowable in the Chinese Business culture. Hit and run Knockoffs to make a buck. The Seller is just the middle man making a buck also. Seller knows what's up.

Edit:
Most sellers could care less about quality or fit or even the market they are selling to. No actual clue about the product. In many cases, just drop shipped. They never even see what they are selling.
They just look for hot items, cheap gumball products that they can sell in volume with a high marked up bottom line.
Ever notice some sellers stores sell everything but the kitchen sink, from a few Rc Goods to Toasters, Spy cams, household Batteries, masks.... you name it. They pick things to sell based on past and present profitability. No matter what the product may be.
If it sells. they will sell it.:rolleyes: Garbage and all.

Last edited:
omg this seller...using multiple addresses under the name Vladyslav morhun, or morhun vladyslav, but then wants me paying the return shipping! awh hell na....Amazon just told me to keep it and they will further investigate this seller...Thank You Amazon! meanwhile i ordered the correct part from amain hobbies.

View attachment 223791

Just for giggles, google that 18401 Collins Avenue address:

1655304444501.png

You just never know..
It would be a 3D printed "Lost Wax" method..
Where the actual part is originally 3D printed and sealed in a sand box and molten metal/aluminum-alloy is poured in and the 3D piece is melted/displaced by the said molten metal.. Then the part is removed and painted or sprayed/dipped in epoxy...
That would work, but you gotta think cheap/fast. CNC cheap aluminum is not super slow, especially if you use a coarse layer setting, which that part for sure has.

Plus Cast in sand, you would not get those clean layer lines, or a smooth surface. Sand casting small parts = crappy looking parts.

Simple solutions are often cheap, and CNCing cheap soft aluminum is cheap and quick(ish).

Just for giggles, google that 18401 Collins Avenue address:

View attachment 223804

Totally off topic..
Who on earth would build 40-50+ story tall buildings on a tiny & narrow piece of land that's 90% sand AND surrounded by ocean!!?
Perhaps someone who's living near that area could tell me if there's solid bedrock under all that beach sand...

PS:
I'm referring to the two buildings next to that address..
Especially THAT Porsche Designed "car" condo..

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/...3-Sunny-Isles-Beach-FL-33160/2095836681_zpid/

4092c2145cd33dec72bd1dc2b6e2acce-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.jpg

2436824ab6cf485671103f0cab86da4b-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.jpg

Last edited:
He's lively it up (right on the beach!) off those dastardly ill gotten profits...
He is a former graduate of Kevin Talbots Ebay selling scheme.;)
Probably has a Super Car in the Garage there also.
And if he is smart , he has many ladies swooning over him.:ROFLMAO:
Probably tells the ladies he is CEO and President of his one man company.

Totally off topic..
Who on earth would build 40-50+ story tall buildings on a tiny & narrow piece of land that's 90% sand AND surrounded by ocean!!?
Perhaps someone who's living near that area could tell me if there's solid bedrock under all that beach sand...

PS:
I'm referring to the two buildings next to that address..
Especially THAT Porsche Designed "car" condo..

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/...3-Sunny-Isles-Beach-FL-33160/2095836681_zpid/

View attachment 223808
View attachment 223809
I have been on a few construction project (refinery / chemicals) where the plant was built on a sandbar / beach. The answer is 40' concrete pilings, driven 39' into the sand, every 6' in every direction, under every slab. Even something line a light pole with a concrete footing or a electrical junction box with a small pad gets a pile. As an Electrical Designer, this makes it a PITA to find places for all my little stuff, as the customer does not want to pay for a 40' pile just so I can mount a motor switch... LOL
yea it could be cnc machined, took some close ups

View attachment 223811

View attachment 223812
Wow, that is some low-grade CNC'ing right there... :( A cheap consumer grade machine could do better, wit ha bit of care. But I guess that is the point -quick and cheap, don't care about the details.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back