Kraton amazon buyers beware of frankiestore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for giggles, google that 18401 Collins Avenue address:

Ooops, maybe I'm mistaken - it looks like this is all attached to 18401 and maybe this is more appropriate:
1655317372255.png

1655317383754.png

The other thing is he's ripping off someone else's design and profiting from that. There are copyright laws being broken here I believe. I'm not a lawyer but companies apply for license designs to protect their investment.

The other thing is he's ripping off someone else's design and profiting from that. There are copyright laws being broken here I believe. I'm not a lawyer but companies apply for license designs to protect their investment.

True!

However, if it's done overseas (in China) there's not much anyone here can do.
There's no Lawyers/Attorneys who's going to make it in court over there.

Patent not copyright.
A patent is a type of intellectual property that gives its owner the legal right to exclude others from making, using, or selling an invention for a limited period of time in exchange for publishing an enabling disclosure of the invention.
A copyright is a type of intellectual property that gives its owner the exclusive right to copy, distribute, adapt, display, and perform a creative work, usually for a limited time.
You would copyright a book while you would patent a bookmark.
And I don't think Hot Racing patents any of their products.

Patent not copyright.
A patent is a type of intellectual property that gives its owner the legal right to exclude others from making, using, or selling an invention for a limited period of time in exchange for publishing an enabling disclosure of the invention.
A copyright is a type of intellectual property that gives its owner the exclusive right to copy, distribute, adapt, display, and perform a creative work, usually for a limited time.
You would copyright a book while you would patent a bookmark.
And I don't think Hot Racing patents any of their products.
Thanks for the clarification. As I stated not a lawyer but I was thinking this person was in Florida, they would be bound by our patent / copyright laws. And yeah I'm sure China could care less about our laws. My only thougt was if someone was 3D printing or using a CNC machine to produce knock off parts, they are also breaking those laws as well as misrepresenting the products they are selling. You're porbably right about HR but that woud seem kind of strange for a company, wouldn't it? Anyway, to the original post, I was just making the point that this person or persons is a scumbag.. And thanks again for giving me a little education.

Thanks for the clarification. As I stated not a lawyer but I was thinking this person was in Florida, they would be bound by our patent / copyright laws. And yeah I'm sure China could care less about our laws. My only thougt was if someone was 3D printing or using a CNC machine to produce knock off parts, they are also breaking those laws as well as misrepresenting the products they are selling. You're porbably right about HR but that woud seem kind of strange for a company, wouldn't it? Anyway, to the original post, I was just making the point that this person or persons is a scumbag.. And thanks again for giving me a little education.

Yes what he is doing is very much a douche move but a vast majority of the stuff in this hobby is not patented other than Traxxas stuff. You could make a direct copy of the Arrma Kraton 6s BLX and call it something different and it would be 100% legal because Arrma only has a Trademark on the name nothing on the car itself is patented. Despite what Traxxas might make people think they don't just hand out patents like candy on Halloween. It costs about $20,000 US just to apply for a patent, then you have to get the patent, then you have to defend that patent and it gets extremely expensive really fast. So now you see why a company making niche upgrade parts for a niche hobby doesn't have a patent on their designs, they would spend millions of dollars a year just on patent fees and that cuts too much into their small profits. Look at every company that makes upgrade parts for rc cars not a single one holds a patent on their designs.

Last edited:
Yes what he is doing is very much a douche move but a vast majority of the stuff in this hobby is not patented other than Traxxas stuff. You could make a direct copy of the Arrma Kraton 6s BLX and call it something different and it would be 100% legal because Arrma only has a Trademark on the name nothing on the car itself is patented. Despite what Traxxas might make people think they don't just hand out patents like candy on Halloween. It costs about $20,000 US just to apply for a patent, then you have to get the patent, then you have to defend that patent and it gets extremely expensive really fast. So now you see why a company making niche upgrade parts for a niche hobby doesn't have a patent on their designs, they would spend millions of dollars a year just on patent fees and that cuts too much into their small profits. Look at every company that makes upgrade parts for rc cars not a single one holds a patent on their designs.
Ahhh.. I see your point. I guess I thought perhaps these companies were protecting their property but as you put it, they'd be spending millions in patent fees. And many of these companies are small potatoes with narrow profit margins. Thanks for taking the time to explain this. I had a vague idea about how this worked and I can see I was way off the mark. I thought perhaps companies like HR might pay a small fee to say, Arrma when they make an aftermarket part for a Kraton. So it's kind of like the wild west in regards to aftermarket. But definitely that vendor is a douche.

I have been on a few construction project (refinery / chemicals) where the plant was built on a sandbar / beach. The answer is 40' concrete pilings, driven 39' into the sand, every 6' in every direction, under every slab. Even something line a light pole with a concrete footing or a electrical junction box with a small pad gets a pile. As an Electrical Designer, this makes it a PITA to find places for all my little stuff, as the customer does not want to pay for a 40' pile just so I can mount a motor switch... LOL

Wow, that is some low-grade CNC'ing right there... :( A cheap consumer grade machine could do better, wit ha bit of care. But I guess that is the point -quick and cheap, don't care about the details.
It’s a copy of hot racing will not hold the bearings down I have let Amazon know if that help’s???

Ahhh.. I see your point. I guess I thought perhaps these companies were protecting their property but as you put it, they'd be spending millions in patent fees. And many of these companies are small potatoes with narrow profit margins. Thanks for taking the time to explain this. I had a vague idea about how this worked and I can see I was way off the mark. I thought perhaps companies like HR might pay a small fee to say, Arrma when they make an aftermarket part for a Kraton. So it's kind of like the wild west in regards to aftermarket. But definitely that vendor is a douche.
Nope you do not have to pay any fee to Arrma/Horizon unless you use their logos on your products. Like the aftermarket for 1:1 cars.

It’s a copy of hot racing will not hold the bearings down I have let Amazon know if that help’s???
I doubt that Amazon cares that the product is a knock-off, they sell tons of that stuff. If the bearings don't fit , that is a reason to return it, though.

But if they did copy HR, HR very often makes their part use a different size bearing from what the stock car used. You may want to read the HR page for their part to see if you need a different size bearing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back