Amazon warning!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cootertwo

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Apparently Amazon's sellers can change the price of an ordered item, AFTER you've ordered it. Fraudulent in my book! I had ordered a motor/ESC combo

We're writing to inform you that your order 111-0125999-8414657 from Fan Apparel has been canceled because the price for the item(s) was not set correctly by the seller. In most cases, you pay for items when they are shipped to you, so you won't be charged for items that are canceled

My Reply:

Well, I do feel cheated. How can they back out, when it was on Amazon's web site. Smells fishy to me. VERY unhappy for sure, especially now that they went from $253.49 to $349 + $4.49 shipping. I think Amazon should drop them from advertising on the site. It's actually fraudulent.

Frank S Foster

[email protected]

Wow that blows man. I’ve always been an eBay guy myself just because I’ve been on it since the 90’s.

Funny you bring this up, just tonight, I am about to go into battle with a “hobby house” through eBay. They better play nicely or their toast......mine is a little different situation, but same general games. Amazon has ALWAYS been great, we shall see with eBay, if it comes to that level............

Apparently Amazon's sellers can change the price of an ordered item, AFTER you've ordered it. Fraudulent in my book! I had ordered a motor/ESC combo

We're writing to inform you that your order 111-0125999-8414657 from Fan Apparel has been canceled because the price for the item(s) was not set correctly by the seller. In most cases, you pay for items when they are shipped to you, so you won't be charged for items that are canceled

My Reply:

Well, I do feel cheated. How can they back out, when it was on Amazon's web site. Smells fishy to me. VERY unhappy for sure, especially now that they went from $253.49 to $349 + $4.49 shipping. I think Amazon should drop them from advertising on the site. It's actually fraudulent.

Frank S Foster

[email protected]

Every online retailer I know of reserves the right to cancel an order due to a pricing error. They're not trying to charge you the higher price, they're merely cancelling the order based on what it sounds like they're calling a mistake in their pricing.

Yea, I know, but there used to be a thing that the advertised price was THE price. They can change it any time, but not after an order is placed and approved. Their way out, is I wasn't charged until shipped, so they just simply refused to ship at the price they had listed. Oh well, I have an identical combo being processed through customs, and hopefully will be here in a few days. It was $225 + $15.90 shipping from China, and the canceled order from Amazon was probably going to wind up coming from China anyhow. I was hoping the one from Amazon might be stateside. Live and learn. It's just a hobby, no big deal.
http://www.myrcmart.com/hobbywing-ezrun-brushless-system-combo-max6-4985sl1650kv-p-12647.html

Once they accept your money ie money has left your acct, then at that point you have an offer and acceptance. Interestinglyly you are the one making the offer to purchase an item for a price and by taking your money they are accepting your offer and subsequently have a responsibility to then supply the goods. It is exactly the same when you go into any physical shop as well. They legally don’t have to sell for the advertised price but they also can’t deliberately mislead either (eg put a price tag on something they know not to be correct and no intention of honouring,with the purpose of trying to suck you in).

I’m outlining the legal position not necessarily the moral position.....plus that’s how the law works down under in the land of milk and honey....no idea if it is true for every state in the US but I suspect it would be similar

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back