amp charge rate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
First time charging these mini 3s li PO

Venom 3s 800 30c
Lectron 3s 860 25c

Id feel stupid if that 2c charge rate is what its saying, just confirm that thx guys.

Stupid question always has a answer šŸ˜‚

16270249135245055371559596964105.jpg

Venom - 1C would be 0.800 A. 2C = 1.6A
Lectron - 1C would be 0.860A. 2C = 1.72A

That said, I typically never charge above 1C. I'm sure everyone has their own opinion about that. Even at 1C those batteries shouldn't take long at all. Is that what you were asking?

1C should take Ā±1h for every battery.
1C doesn't cause as much wear as >1C, so it's better for battery life.

Are you using those in a car? Aren't they way to small for that?

1C should take Ā±1h for every battery.
1C doesn't cause as much wear as >1C, so it's better for battery life.

Are you using those in a car? Aren't they way to small for that?
Using one to power 2 40mm fans
One on my transmitter to power signal booster

That said, I typically never charge above 1C. I'm sure everyone has their own opinion about that. Even at 1C those batteries shouldn't take long at all. Is that what you were asking?
Yes that's exactly what I was trying to say...your good thx bro

Setting my charger to 1.0a thx again

I've just started to experiment with charging some packs at 2C. So far it's only around 20 minutes faster because the balancing period seems to take longer than before at 1C.

I charge all my packs at minimum of 2C. I donā€™t have time to wait for 1C charging and donā€™t have the space for 10 chargers. I generally need a minimum of 4 packs to even leave the house. I regularly am taking 10+ out with me.

So far, I'm just going out the back door to the yard, so I can keep the packs charging. @jondilly1974 do you ever travel with a charger to your spots?

So far, I'm just going out the back door to the yard, so I can keep the packs charging. @jondilly1974 do you ever travel with a charger to your spots?
Yes I bring my charger and extra packs as a ā€œpower bankā€ if you will.

I charge all my packs at minimum of 2C. I donā€™t have time to wait for 1C charging and donā€™t have the space for 10 chargers. I generally need a minimum of 4 packs to even leave the house. I regularly am taking 10+ out with me.
What charger do you use to get that kind of power?

You supply VDC with a battery, inverter, generator....hybrid?

What charger do you use to get that kind of power?
Yes I can only charge at 20A with my IDST charger and any lipo should be able to supply 20A. Thatā€™s not a lot of current. What you have to be careful of is taking more MAH than safe. I keep a lipo checker on the balance plug of the supply side to make sure I donā€™t pull below 3.6v under load, which is usually about storage 3.8v at rest.

Yes I can only charge at 20A with my IDST charger and any lipo should be able to supply 20A. Thatā€™s not a lot of current. What you have to be careful of is taking more MAH than safe. I keep a lipo checker on the balance plug of the supply side to make sure I donā€™t pull below 3.6v under load, which is usually about storage 3.8v at rest.
When you charge at home is that charger able to supply that much power by simply plugging it into the wall or do you run through a DC type converter?

I used to charge at 1C forever, but 2C saves so much time, never go back to 1C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back