Amps Ecu can take

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spn133

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
How many continuous amps my Fazon ecu can take. Thinking about getting maxamp 6000mgh 150c. It specs for 970 continuous amps. The 100c is 600amp. Venom 100c is 500amp so I guess with two 3s that's times 2.

Your esc can handle 150amps.10 gauge wire can handle 150amps for a very short time,at 500 amps the wire would melt, battery internal cell conections are soldered together would also seperate.

Your esc can handle 150amps.10 gauge wire can handle 150amps for a very short time,at 500 amps the wire would melt, battery internal cell conections are soldered together would also seperate.
Some someone is lied. Becuse venom says there 50c puts a continuous 250 with a 500 amp burst and I drive my poop hard. That's one e lipo and I'm running two 3s 50c. I don't understand. So me getting maxamp wit a 975amd discharge is a waist or I'm missing something? What are u running

2 3s 50c packs =1 6s 50c packs.My best batterys are Smc 70c, my other batterys are similar to yours, rated at 50c ( more like 30c), they get hot( over120f) which leads to puffing, short life, poor performance.I'm running a 4092/1730kv motor in my Kraton and it's pretty fast but really puts the hurt to my 50c batterys!
The guys doing speed runs with the Typhon (140 mph) have their esc's catch fire!

2 3s 50c packs =1 6s 50c packs.My best batterys are Smc 70c, my other batterys are similar to yours, rated at 50c ( more like 30c), they get hot( over120f) which leads to puffing, short life, poor performance.I'm running a 4092/1730kv motor in my Kraton and it's pretty fast but really puts the hurt to my 50c batterys!
The guys doing speed runs with the Typhon (140 mph) have their esc's catch fire!
Good to know. Thank u. So how do u compare besides price the maxamp 150 to smc 150. And will the ecu run it work out going kaboom.

Good to know. Thank u. So how do u compare besides price the maxamp 150 to smc 150. And will the ecu run it work out going kaboom.
The ESC will only pull as many amps as it needs. So if u have a 250 amp battery the ESC will only draw what it's needs. Which would rarely be 250 amps.

And about the max amp batteries. If u do your homework you will find they are a waste of money and the numbers are highly fudged

The ESC will only pull as many amps as it needs. So if u have a 250 amp battery the ESC will only draw what it's needs. Which would rarely be 250 amps.

And abfbout the max amp batteries. If u do your homework you will find they are a waste of money and the numbers are highly fudged
So u say smc is the way. Better than venom and maxamp. And I can get 70 plus out my fazon. I threw that last part in hoping u will say yes lol if so I'll go with the SMC150c. I already have the venom 50cs

So u say smc is the way. Better than venom and maxamp. And I can get 70 plus out my fazon. I threw that last part in hoping u will say yes
I don't own a fazon so I can't say yes to 70 lol. I actually just bought 4 new smc to give them a try. Do I say they are better than venom, no I have had venom lipos last for years and by years I mean 4 and 5 years and still balance perfect to this day. As far as better than max amps, I would say yes they are. I will personally never buy a max amps

I don't own a fazon so I can't say yes to 70 lol. I actually just bought 4 new smc to give them a try. Do I say they are better than venom, no I have had venom lipos last for years and by years I mean 4 and 5 years and still balance perfect to this day. As far as better than max amps, I would say yes they are. I will personally never buy a max amps
OK now it's a toss up between venom and smc. But the price is tempting but I learned a long time ago u get what u pay for

OK now it's a toss up between venom and smc. But the price is tempting but I learned a long time ago u get what u pay for
I just got 2 2s 5200 90c and 2 3s 5200 90c from smc. Cost 161 shipped so let's hope the quality is there

Let's hope performance is there. So u never ran them? I thought u already knew
Nope I was wanting to buy some more SPC but they went out of the lipo game. So I jumped for the smc solely based off of there forum reviews.

I think I'm a try them. Scared but youtube says good things
Alot of the guys on the Traxxas forum recommend the smc as well. They can't be bad. They test them all and put a sticker inside the box of the total voltage and individual cell voltage

Alot of the guys on the Traxxas forum recommend the smc as well. They can't be bad. They test them all and put a sticker inside the box of the total voltage and individual cell voltage
I'm looking for fast ass speeds

Lol idk know how the hell he see and drive that thing
I have always wondered the same thing, some of these ppl have to run these from so far away it's amazing. One thing I can say is make sure there is noone standing in the way before running a car at these speeds

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back