An absolute steal of a deal!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, UNREAL !!! @WoodiE , you entered the realm of EXB with the Mojave.....

Here is your opportunity to continue your voyage .... to advance what you have already learned.... to make the K6 even better suited for your future adventures....

Opportunity Invest GIF by Britannia on EPIX
Prison Fah GIF by FoilArmsandHog

I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this.
I swear I'm saying the same thing! Im going to give it 24 hours. I have a $25 store credit at Amain. Hopefully they sell out. If not........ I have to figure what to do with on of the other kratons. Maybe lower one and put belted wheels on it and get it to 80mph

I swear I'm saying the same thing! Im going to give it 24 hours. I have a $25 store credit at Amain. Hopefully they sell out. If not........ I have to figure what to do with on of the other kratons. Maybe lower one and put belted wheels on it and get it to 80mph
@Exc3l and @jondilly1974 will show you how....

Lets face it, this hobby is truly an expensive one as hobbies go.
Lots to learn. The fun factor is only limited by your wallet. Or Mommy's and Daddy's wallet....
I can only say to the younger teens and those with limited funds in regards, Don't get sucked into most of the YT video. These rigs look like airplanes. Big air and all . You will be asking your parents to support stuff that will break constantly.. This will tire them out for sure. Financially. Times are hard for us now. Keep it real and in perspective.
I have a question...some of you younger guys have a ton of Rc's thousands of $$$ worth already. Stop hustling on the streets!!! Work at a grocery store or anything legal!!!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: kidding...but for real!
^^^ This so true.
It's easy to become a junkie. Doing anything to feed an RC addiction.
This a serious comment. Not joking. And I know the younger crowd is laughing at me. But I am doing this for 35 + years. And never put it down. In my early 20's it kept me off the streets where alot of my friends got into serious trouble. I made the concious decision to leave that fast paced dead end lifstyle. I was not living at home, but on my own at that point.
Just some food for thought.

Last edited:
Lots to learned. The fun factor is only limited by your wallet. Or Mommy's and Daddy's wallet....
I can only say to the younger teens and those with limited funds in regards, Don't get sucked into most of the YT video. These rigs look like airplanes. Big air and all . You will be asking your parents to support stuff that will break constantly.. This will tire them out for sure. Financially. Times are hard for us now. Keep it real and in perspective.
Buuuut....if your fam is well off and not sacrificing things needed for things wanted then youre all set. Me personally don't know that lifestyle. Nothing wrong with coming from money...all I'm saying is I don't know it.
Hope I'm not raining on anyones parade thats not my intention.

Last edited:
Lots to learned. The fun factor is only limited by your wallet. Or Mommy's and Daddy's wallet....

^^^ This so true.
It's easy to become a junkie. Doing anything to feed an RC addiction.
This a serious comment. Not joking. And I know the younger crowd is laughing at me. But I am doing this for 35 + years. And never put it down. In my early 20's it kept me off the streets where alot of my friends got into serious trouble. I made the concious decision to leave that fast paced dead end lifstyle. I was not living at home, but on my own at that point.
Just some food for thought.
My parents always wanted us to pay for things such as that with money that we earned, and to wait to buy something. If we still wanted it 6 months after stating the desire to buy something, and we had the money for it then they usually gave the green light.

Yes, a person can dump a lot of money into this. However, sometimes I have just about as much fun with my wife's almost bone Stock Senton as.I have with my most $$$$$$ rig, my crawler.

The point is, you CAN have a lot of fun, enjoy what you are doing, and NOT break the bank.

If you think a $3500 modded 1/5 scale is proportionally more fun, you may be missing the point.

To our younger folks, beware. As @SrC said, don't get sucked into the high dollar pitch. In time , you will probably have the chance to do that if you chose.

Keep it balanced. Take your time. 3 and 4 s are a blast .

As far as those stratosphere kings on YouTube.....the bigger the rig the bigger the crash. The bigger the crash, the more $$$$$$ to fix it.

I'm just glad you younger ones are here enjoying this. Just like most things in life, balance is the key.

I wish there were rigs like this available when I was a kid in the 70's in the middle of nowhere.

@SrC , I keep blabbing my point but I have been doing so many times, with no intent, by responding to your posts, instead of just posting my own.

I agree with so much of what you say, I have the bad habit of responding to your post after reading it with my point of view, not so much to Converse with you but you get my.mind
working after reading your comment and almost a knee-jerk response is to just hit reply and then State my case. Above is an example of that

I hope this makes sense. I have done this several times lately and at times it could be confusing on your end. All I can say is

Keep up the good work and the fine comments. You are a huge resource of this subject, the way that it used to be and the way that it currently is. And I agree with so much of what you say. Thanx!

I have a question...some of you younger guys have a ton of Rc's thousands of $$$ worth already. Stop hustling on the streets!!! Work at a grocery store or anything legal!!!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: kidding...but for real!
I'm 45 so I'm not soo young. Just my EXB K8S, O8S and my X-Maxx are worth around $6k 🤣😱

Last edited:
Working at the grocery store means you cant afford the RC cars though haha. I work part-time at THD and go to college full-time and with rising rent costs I definitely can no longer afford to expand on any of my hobbies. I am currently saving up my measly credit card cash rewards for a MEXB though, and I already got the electronics for it.

@SrC , I keep blabbing my point but I have been doing so many times, with no intent, by responding to your posts, instead of just posting my own.

I agree with so much of what you say, I have the bad habit of responding to your post after reading it with my point of view, not so much to Converse with you but you get my.mind
working after reading your comment and almost a knee-jerk response is to just hit reply and then State my case. Above is an example of that

I hope this makes sense. I have done this several times lately and at times it could be confusing on your end. All I can say is

Keep up the good work and the fine comments. You are a huge resource of this subject, the way that it used to be and the way that it currently is. And I agree with so much of what you say. Thanx!
Thanks for those kind words.
You bring some great content also.
Forgive me sometimes for sounding curt. It's because I get to my point and sounds blunt at times. And other times I rant explaining much in detail. I try not to confuse. But it does happen.
Thanks again.:cool:🤟
I just ordered a rear vivaton bulkhead for my K8S ($168), another $160 in M2C driveshafts and on and on on.......
I wish I could, but I can't spend that type of coin on Upgrades. I have a cap on my rigs. Usually around $1k tops. It is what it is at this point and I have fun with it. I save for that next rig maybe or repair and maintenance costs for what I have.
Use OE parts for most replacements beyond this.

Last edited:
This is the only forum I have ever been on that allows threads to drift off topic and yet they still provide insight and interesting opinions and then somehow they find their way back to the original thread.

I'm 57 today and want to say it's us old f..kers who are keeping the hobby going. We are either buying RCs for ourselves or our privileged kids 😆 Either way we're paying for our addiction and fueling the hobby.

Working at the grocery store means you cant afford the RC cars though haha. I work part-time at THD and go to college full-time and with rising rent costs I definitely can no longer afford to expand on any of my hobbies. I am currently saving up my measly credit card cash rewards for a MEXB though, and I already got the electronics for it.
Thats one way to do it....good example.....save up for it.....
I'm 45 so I'm not soo young. Just my EXB K8S, O8S and my X-Maxx are worth around $6k 🤣😱
But after our conversations I was able to ascertain you have a job that allows you to include this in your life, doesn't appear to cause hardship on your family, and you include your son in your videos earning the nickname backflip.....so he enjoys it, you get to spend time together, etc etc

RC Hobby can be expensive but compare it to other pursuits and it's not so bad. I know a decent offroad mountain bike can cost a fair bit. I'm a Hobbiest musician and I've got over $10k in audio gear and guitars.

It's all relative.

Last edited:
Kraton EXB's are sold out !!! Wow. I'm glad I waited. Didn't need another Kraton. So I bought a Infraction Mega instead! Couldn't resist.

I had store credit at Amain

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back