An idea for wing placement on the Notorious body, stolen from the look of the Infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
So I have a brand new body and started messing with this idea. I'm thinking of putting a piece of thin gauge metal or thicker plastic under the body, and attaching it right on top of the bed using the existing mounting holes. The idea behind it, is that I feel the wing is part of the reason the wing mounts get snapped so easy. This mounting isn't ideal for the body, but with the reinforcement underneath, plus some good goo/fiber glass tape or gorilla tape in the right spots first, it might help keep it in good condition. This will also add a bit of protection to the body mount area, and hopefully reduce the rear shock tower carnage of late. The wheelie bar will mount as stock, cause a Notorious/Outcast without a wheelie bar, is just an excuse to do a lot more walking when you should be bashing. I know the obvious concerns, but any thoughts, opinions or criticisms are always welcome.

20190610_025029.jpg

I know the Noto body scratches and wears differently but is it the same durability of the other body’s?

So I have a brand new body and started messing with this idea. I'm thinking of putting a piece of thin gauge metal or thicker plastic under the body, and attaching it right on top of the bed using the existing mounting holes. The idea behind it, is that I feel the wing is part of the reason the wing mounts get snapped so easy. This mounting isn't ideal for the body, but with the reinforcement underneath, plus some good goo/fiber glass tape or gorilla tape in the right spots first, it might help keep it in good condition. This will also add a bit of protection to the body mount area, and hopefully reduce the rear shock tower carnage of late. The wheelie bar will mount as stock, cause a Notorious/Outcast without a wheelie bar, is just an excuse to do a lot more walking when you should be bashing. I know the obvious concerns, but any thoughts, opinions or criticisms are always welcome.

View attachment 40575
I dig the look

I know the Noto body scratches and wears differently but is it the same durability of the other body’s?
The Notorious body feels slightly thicker than a regular painted lexan. It might just be the external color, as it does not flake at all, as is probably a special type of paint.

If I were to do that, I'd put a metal bar from side to side under the body and rivet it in a couple places then run the wing screws through it. The rear of my body is trashed from teh wing mount smashing into it all the time, which is now snapped off (for the 3rd time) and I'm not replacing it.

If I were to do that, I'd put a metal bar from side to side under the body and rivet it in a couple places then run the wing screws through it. The rear of my body is trashed from teh wing mount smashing into it all the time, which is now snapped off (for the 3rd time) and I'm not replacing it.
That's exactly what I have planned. I was thinking about thicker plastic too, same idea.

I
You use the T-bone bumper/wheelie bar right? It may take most of the hit up to coming straight down.
It's gone now. It was ripping out the bottom screws in the dif case non stop. After the third case, I decided to go with a stock wheelie bar, but don't want the wing attached. More mass and area to grab onto things in a roll or flip.

I
It's gone now. It was ripping out the bottom screws in the dif case non stop. After the third case, I decided to go with a stock wheelie bar, but don't want the wing attached. More mass and area to grab onto things in a roll or flip.
Can do what I did, no more ripping out screws:
2018-0921-Outcast-RearExtendedBulkScrews.jpg

2018-0921-Outcast-TBWheelieBar-Mount01.jpg

No rear sway bar though. I drilled those down further to put screws in. No front one either... it annoyed me when I was working on stuff. lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back