Typhon And just like that

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
So I woke up this am thinking I was Going to start my no prep build 2wd slash went to a rc shop who is very knowledgeable on drag racing. Pretty much told me they aren’t even competitive anymore. Said the ones that are fastest are kyosho infernos and typhon so naturally that wasn’t even a tough one. Going to build a typhon no prep running on bsr foam tires. These guys are going 1.95 which is crazy fast. I forget the brand motor but it was black long and 8 mm shafted . I think I’m in love ? lol

Attachments

• D89D0BEC-73E2-4360-80F8-1CD3A7A5B117.jpeg
    D89D0BEC-73E2-4360-80F8-1CD3A7A5B117.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 57
Probably the TP 4070-CM motor’s in either 2700kv or 2900kv (6s)

For any of you knowledgeable in drag racing please chime in with setup recommendations. Please I’m def a noob in rc drag racing. One guy tells me 125/250/125 for diff fluid and another guy tells me to lock all three. Please help lol ?

I have 20yrs experience with drag racing 1:1 cars but not RC. If getting from point A to B is the main objective then lock all 3 as that will allow the maximum amount of available power to go to all 4 wheels. Realistically I’d go 1M cst in all 3 diffs so it’s still not technically “locked” but close enough for the power and traction available at that weight.
You’ll also want to limit front end travel by reducing the rebound in the front shocks and compression in the rear. Alignment will need to have as much contact patch as possible for the foams at all 4 corners and you may need to experiment with moving small amounts of weight as well.

Thank you sir. And yes that motor I was referring to is the tp 4070. I’ve seen it on here before in other Arrmas but I forget where. It looks interesting to say the least.

Going with a 2700 kv motor and xlx esc. Wanted to stay with hw but max 5 vs xlx is a no brained for racing going to try and lighten as much as possible and would like to get a gt body. 500/1mil/500 I’m just not sure how big of a wheelie bar I need then the question is do I stretch it or stay stock wheelbase so many choices. I want to bring a contender not just some slouch

Balance on the chassis is extremely important to it going straight. I fought with it for a long time so weight is not always necessarily your enemy. A set of 4 corner scales can be your best friend so if you can find someone with them your ahead of me starting out. Some stick on weights similar to those used to balance tires/wheels are helpful. Try to get it as close to 50/50 f/r and l/r as you can. The rest is on you testing gears and tires. Make sure you get a highly adjustable esc so you can manage power delivery according to trigger position. Once the car is running right, practice your ass off. The more passes you do, the better. Good luck man, post some pics or do a build thread!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back