Kraton And then there was lights...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigShow823

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
61oyACqLJvL._SL1100_.jpg
41BTHMGe+8L._SY400_.jpg
41v23O7Gb+L._SY400_.jpg

I puchased two sets of lights. I plan on running 4 lights up front and 4 in the back i just tested the y adapter and it distributes the light evenly both both sets are bright. How shoud i mount them i need help how do i make these holes? Will the lights draw too much energy from the lipos? Any help is appreciated. This is my first time trying anything of the sort i am very new to RC life. Thanks

I made up a harness of LED for my son's T4 before and what you need to work out first is the energy source. You can power them from one of the spare connector of the Rx in which case it will be 6v but in some case it could be 5v you need to check with a voltmeter or your Rx manual to know for sure. or you can use the balance wires of one of the LIPO battery.

Then you need to check the voltage the harness you got will take. When I built mine I designed it to be plugged into one of the spare connector of the Rx which was giving 6v. Then I picked up the LED making sure they will work with 6v then you need to calculate the resistor you need for the LED to work with 6v. for this I use this handy website http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz

Here is a handy video I used to learn about this topic.

for the holes on the bodyshell I use a body rammer which will make perfect holes but you need to take it easy and be gentle when doing the hole. I personally make the hole to be a tight fit for the LED to go through (what which size LED you have... typically 3 or 6mm) and whether you are going to use a mounting bracket to fit the LED into. I personally don't but I glue them in place using a hot glue gun.

Hope this answers your questions on this topic.

Here if you bought a kit then check the voltage it will take which will dictate where you should plug it into.

@BigShow823 buy yourself a body reamer, it will make easy work of making perfectly circular holes.
Thanks that is the first tool on the list i hear about the reamer from thomas p

I made up a harness of LED for my son's T4 before and what you need to work out first is the energy source. You can power them from one of the spare connector of the Rx in which case it will be 6v but in some case it could be 5v you need to check with a voltmeter or your Rx manual to know for sure. or you can use the balance wires of one of the LIPO battery.

Then you need to check the voltage the harness you got will take. When I built mine I designed it to be plugged into one of the spare connector of the Rx which was giving 6v. Then I picked up the LED making sure they will work with 6v then you need to calculate the resistor you need for the LED to work with 6v. for this I use this handy website http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz

Here is a handy video I used to learn about this topic.

for the holes on the bodyshell I use a body rammer which will make perfect holes but you need to take it easy and be gentle when doing the hole. I personally make the hole to be a tight fit for the LED to go through (what which size LED you have... typically 3 or 6mm) and whether you are going to use a mounting bracket to fit the LED into. I personally don't but I glue them in place using a hot glue gun.

Hope this answers your questions on this topic.

Here if you bought a kit then check the voltage it will take which will dictate where you should plug it into.
Thanks this is very pertinent information i have to look at that video.

I tried my ledbar from receiverbox (bar is 6-12v) but got small flickering on my led so i guess the savox servo plus lights pulled a bit much power maybe.....and didnt wanna run it on balance port anymore so now i have the ledbar on its own 9v battery....satisfaction :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back