And this is why I bought backup Motors and ESC's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
?????

I hear you on the run and guns...after a while they are all the same. Give me a good RPG over that any day. This two you mentioned look pretty good. I’m waiting for The Last of Us 2 to come out....I may have to buy a PS4 just for that one game.

?????

I hear you on the run and guns...after a while they are all the same. Give me a good RPG over that any day. This two you mentioned look pretty good. I’m waiting for The Last of Us 2 to come out....I may have to buy a PS4 just for that one game.

Xbox and PC for me I could never PS4 lol Too loyal to my xbox friends I guess.

Juuuust saying, your shaft broke off because some road grime/pebble sized tar chunk worked its way between the STEEL spur and HARDENED pinion, snapped the motor shaft right then and there. Not your fault obviously. This is why I don’t like steel spurs, it’s pretty nerve racking driving my senton because of that. Plastic spur woulda just stripped. Nice to see they’re warrentying it though.

The loud noise was probably the motor shaft being bent from a smaller pebble and making the mesh irregular, (believe me, it’s possible for them to bend just a hair) and then a larger one got in and snapped it.

Edit: Shoot, olds beat me to it! The one reply I skipped ahhh. Smh.

Yup. Slash 4x4 when I put in a Robison Racing steel spur, rock got into the gearcover, goodnight castle 1515B. Ran plastic spurs from them on, my e revo just runs a real thick plastic spur, hasn’t stripped in the 7 months I’ve had the truck :D.

Can’t forget when the same happened in my vorza flux as well. I really don’t like steel spurs lol.

I will say I have gotten lucky many times, instead of the shaft snapping the bearing would blow out and take the hit. Really thanked my lucky stars when that happened!

i was about to post the same thing. there is something called the ductile to brittle transition, and for metals like steel it basically means that below a certain temperature the metal becomes susceptible to snapping from low impact.

the composition of steel can be adjusted so that it becomes brittle at a lower temperature to avoid this issue, but that is probably not the case here. honestly i'd just recommend you not drive when it's that cold out.
Not being an a-hole or anything but that doesn't explain why I can drive my kraton like this bashing it around and not have any problems. Unless I'm just lucky or something. What you are saying does seem logical but I would think in order for cold temps to have such an impact on metal then it would have to be well below zero. I would lean more to the idea that at some point something got caught in the spur and pinion creating a hairline crack and then the cold temp outside created the right circumstances for it to give.

Attachments

• 20171208_164802.jpg
    20171208_164802.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 49
Not being an a-hole or anything but that doesn't explain why I can drive my kraton like this bashing it around and not have any problems. Unless I'm just lucky or something. What you are saying does seem logical but I would think in order for cold temps to have such an impact on metal then it would have to be well below zero. I would lean more to the idea that at some point something got caught in the spur and pinion creating a hairline crack and then the cold temp outside created the right circumstances for it to give.
all good man. we're all sharing opinions and it's a bit of guess work either way.

why aren't you having problems in the snow? if my theory is correct, there would need to be an impact causing the hardened steel to snap e.g. a rock between the pinion and spur. the impact required for such a break would be less at freezing temps. however, if you're driving around in the snow, there's not too much in the way of surface rocks so you shouldn't get that exact issue. general crashes are probably not an issue either as every crash is cushioned with snow haha

They got my motor checked into some repair guys desk.. No updates or answers past that yet.

Stay tuned for the continuing saga of Will they replace my motor or not... dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

If the car was louder last time you might want to check all your bearings. One of them might have gone out causing more stress to your motor shaft.

I’m not going to bother sending in my BLX185 ESC. It’s not worth the effort and I’ve already replaced it. I’m tempted to make it go up in smoke. They won’t want it back then, lol.

There CS is fiddlesticking AMAZING! In less then 2 days after getting my motor, they sent me an email saying a brand new motor and replacement pinion have shipped FREE OF CHARGE!

No questions no proof of warrenty or owner ship. Just straight up sent me a new fiddlesticking motor.

Arrma for life.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back