And this is why I sometimes question releasing my parts into the wild...😡

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know it's a real kick in the sack when alot of time and effort goes into my design's and part's to help the community just for them to be "borrowed" by some hack looking to make a bunch of money...

It isn't even the fact they "borrowed" my design.. I'm somewhat flattered my design made the grade... But these clowns repeatedly use my damn photo's to sell their ( originally my) product... 😡

Ebay is absolutely flooded with them now and it urks me like no other... All you have to do is type in 40mm fan mount...

This is a very good reason I question if I should share my stuff at all... Pure kick in the sack when I'm looking out for the community and these clowns just see dollar signs.. 🤮

I know, I know, should have a patent, should do this, should do that.. well for the ones about to type that.. patents are only good for us in the US.. Other countries could care less, especially the original offender...✌️

Endless amount of these listings..

View attachment 257712
Sorry about that Man... I respect your work and hate others are not doing the same!

I won one of @Camaroboy383 fan mounts in a contest and it is sweet, I understand his unhappiness, sure they used his design, but if they use cheaper materials and they have issues, it makes him look bad. And how hard is it to take your own photos in the digital age. :confused:

If you logo your creations at the very least and market them well enough, you may have half a chance at being successful despite the Conterfeit market out there.
In China there are teams of people Scouting for products to copy on a daily basis. It's their business culture, business model. This is a thing.
Fight fire with fire I always say.;)
All the popular Upgrade quality brands like M2C, PPS and the rest deal with this regularly.

Last edited:
Here's some ideas-

1. Add your Watermarks diagonally across all "product" photos you post. I can do it for you or show you how to Automate that process in Photoshop with Actions (scripts)
2. Have your Logo Embossed into the surface of your designs.
3. Embed your company URL WITHIN the .STL file itself.

4. Or, post only half or partial of the Part online and have it where folks can simply email (or register on here to PM you) to receive the other half.

Just some of my thoughts..
You can implement ALL or a few of these suggestions -to spread your name out there to bring more awareness to your custom designs and solidify your branding.

Here's some ideas-

1. Add your Watermarks diagonally across all "product" photos you post. I can do it for you or show you how to Automate that process in Photoshop with Actions (scripts)
2. Have your Logo Embossed into the surface of your designs.
3. Embed your company URL WITHIN the .STL file itself.

4. Or, post only half or partial of the Part online and have it where folks can simply email (or register on here to PM you) to receive the other half.

Just some of my thoughts..
You can implement ALL or a few of these suggestions -to spread your name out there to bring more awareness to your custom designs and solidify your branding.

Yeah for sure.. I appreciate that.. I will just have to cam in a engraving process so my logo Is on them from now on... That will solve the issue of mistaken part identity.. 👍..

The cad part of it isn't an issue, nobody has ever gotten the file from me.. all it took was for someone to get their hands on one for a reverse engineering party, which again, I'm not concerned about..

I actually pulled the listing and haven't made any in many months.. pretty much took the wind out of the sails for me..👍..

You know it's a real kick in the sack when alot of time and effort goes into my design's and part's to help the community just for them to be "borrowed" by some hack looking to make a bunch of money...

It isn't even the fact they "borrowed" my design.. I'm somewhat flattered my design made the grade... But these clowns repeatedly use my damn photo's to sell their ( originally my) product... 😡

Ebay is absolutely flooded with them now and it urks me like no other... All you have to do is type in 40mm fan mount...

This is a very good reason I question if I should share my stuff at all... Pure kick in the sack when I'm looking out for the community and these clowns just see dollar signs.. 🤮

I know, I know, should have a patent, should do this, should do that.. well for the ones about to type that.. patents are only good for us in the US.. Other countries could care less, especially the original offender...✌️

Endless amount of these listings..

View attachment 257712
If it makes you feel any any better. I’ve only purchased these mounts from you !!! Hugs 🤗

What is your eBay stores name?

I go by the same handle as here.. not a store though, I only offer my body skids on eBay at this point..👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back