Typhon And... we’ve got a Typhon now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
735w6ergtbled.jpg

dailystruggg.jpg

The tires look sweet but I like foam in mine. Vas said that the foam was nearly nonexistent. I run thick-celled orange Ofna foams in my badlands (real & knockoffs). Anything else feels like poo in comparison.

Not sure they'll be a good fit. Vas mentioned that the foam is really light, so it seems like they were designed with the weight of the 3s in mind.

There are plenty wheels with similar tread, like the Louise Uphill (or the Duratrax equivilant), or the Duratrax Lockup.
A more aggressive option is (and by far the best bang for the buck) the BSK BigBlock, a badland copy.

There's a company in the UK that sells wheels/tyres that look very similar to the Duratrax Lockup, but I'm sure I've read of people having issues with them at 6s speeds.

Fastrax Maze

Not sure they'll be a good fit. Vas mentioned that the foam is really light, so it seems like they were designed with the weight of the 3s in mind.

There are plenty wheels with similar tread, like the Louise Uphill (or the Duratrax equivilant), or the Duratrax Lockup.
A more aggressive option is (and by far the best bang for the buck) the BSK BigBlock, a badland copy.

The BSK BigBlocks are the knock offs I have & swear by. When I replaced the foams, I noticed they're ribbed on the inside. They also hold up to 6s, being used on both Senton & Typhon. I have 5 sets. The only other thing I did was vent them.

Can't get Louise here easily but do like the options. I'd prolly go with the BSK even though they ask us to commit to not using on anything hotter than 4s. I have some Duratrax for my Slash and they are nice. I'm just not into white letter tires so much. Goes back to my younger hotrod years. Around my town when I got my first car (1986) some folks were into raised white letters, and some, like me were into blackwalls (we called em.)
When my dad was fifteen and had a 55 chevy as his first car, he bought what was called porter walls. lol. These were stick-on whitewalls for black tires. We laugh about this still.

I just pulled the trigger and pre-ordered the Typhon for my son....and myself!! lol Hopefully it gets here before Christmas or I will have one sad little boy.
Good luck! I expect you'll be ok and I hope your son has a fantastic RC Christmas!

It holds up for most of what bashers put in to it..all cars breaks..i evwn break the typhon 6s arms..after imo tiny jump..but,land on tje saaaweet spot and everything breaks..i run in freezing conditions with mt 3s Tyohon and have crashed..nothing

If the plastic is more hard it will break more easily, not a question about the breakage that all the cars can have. Honestly, when i saw the landing and the a-arm which broke i thought it was fragil, most of the rc car's a-arms i have can resist with this kind of landing.

No one jumps their cars w/o breaking stuff. The so called jump that killed the arm was an accident. It put the force of impact entirely on one part at a bad angle. I don't think any 'big name' cars with harder type suspension arms would survive that. I must admit that I never broke a 6s Typhon arm, & I bash jump them a ton. They can handle more abuse because of the shorter arms as opposed to the Kraton type arm which I can fill a shoebox with broken arms.. But I don't send them cartwheeling off the edge of a ramp either. I have all 3 versions. I'm still waiting for rpm to make arms for the 4x4 lineup. I have only broken 1 arm between the 5 cars I have in this lineup. But I did soak all the arms in wd40.

The so called jump that killed the arm was an accident.

Like every bad landing ;) The jump wasn't so hard in the video, even if it fall on one wheel. Rich managed to break a a-arm on his 3s BLX but the jumps he does are way more hard. I stay on my position, more longer a-arms with more hard plastic will always be more brittle.

I have only broken 1 arm between the 5 cars I have in this lineup.
And this is why RPM will probably never make arms for the 4x4 platform. They are too tough as is, RPM won't make back their tooling cost...

Which to me is good. For us I mean, not RPM. Upgrades? We don't need no stinking upgrades...

And this is why RPM will probably never make arms for the 4x4 platform. They are too tough as is, RPM won't make back their tooling cost...

Which to me is good. For us I mean, not RPM. Upgrades? We don't need no stinking upgrades...

That reminds me of the duds that RPM had. A rather big one. The X-Maxx :eek: RPM arms for the X-Maxx has less flex than the stock arms so they can destroy the bulkheads b4 breaking themselves.

Like every bad landing ;) The jump wasn't so hard in the video, even if it fall on one wheel. Rich managed to break a a-arm on his 3s BLX but the jumps he does are way more hard. I stay on my position, more longer a-arms with more hard plastic will always be more brittle.

My Force RC cars, Sabertooth, & Cheetah all have gummy candy for A-arms. Forget about ever breaking them, but they will twist & jack up the steering. However an arm's plastic is never a deciding factor whether I will get a car or not. Like you said, Rich bashed the heck out of it - much more than most ever would, until an arm finally gave out. These things have much more pressing issues than that. Before considering the arms, you should look at the drivetrain. It's all plastic. When you drive it, it will seem like it has micro-lag compared to the instant acceleration a metal drivetrain features. It will also do the same while stopping. I had to get used to that with the brushless conversion. The drivetrain is a harder composite plastic but that doesn't eliminate the give in the gears & shafts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back