Typhon And... we’ve got a Typhon now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 3s BLX Senton with different tires and body..and a wing! No wait, it’s a 3s BLX Big Rock Crew Cab with different tires and body..and a wing! ?

Not many new parts that I could find, the CVD’s are absent for example. But we do get a 17mm hex adapters.

I missed the wheel hexes. Good catch. What CVD’s are you referring to?

That should tell you everything you need to know about this "new" RC. :rolleyes:

Arrma has become Traxxas when it comes to "new" RC's. This is a 4x4 BLX with a different body.

But we were not complaining when they took the DNX8 and made the Typhon and the Talion and a Kraton and a Senton and a Outcast?

Or when they took the 2wd Granite, and made a Fury, Mojave, Raider, and Raider XL?

No complaints from me for them reusing the chassis for another model. This builds depth in the line, and increases parts compatibility. Great for us users (keep less parts at the house to support several different cars) and great for the LHS (less wall space to support lots of cars)

My only complaint is, once again, the Department of Names Department has dropped the ball. Is there really no one at Arrma with the capacity to come up with new names for these new cars?!?

[Real]

Last edited:
Back around April/May, Tower leaked parts for 2 new cars, labeled as being for "1/10 Kraton/Outcast BLX4s". These parts are basically the same parts that have been released for the BLX3s cars. There are a few of the 4s parts that are still listed (but with a 3s label) that are not available - like the metal diffs, and the CVD half shaft axles...

I am learning more about all the other cars and I thought the kraton/ outcast was 1:8 or at least my understanding with my manual

see also -
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/new-model-alert-kraton-outcast-blx4s.7076/
BLX4S leak.jpg

I am learning more about all the other cars and I thought the kraton/ outcast was 1:8 or at least my understanding with my manual
Yes, the BLX6s Kraton and outcast are 1/8 trucks. I think the plan was - release what they have now as the Granite BLX3s with a old-school body, the metal diffs and CVD's, and a 4s motor/ESC, and call it a 1/10 Outcast. Same with the BigRock3s and Kraton.

I understand now thank you for the information because I am getting a granite 4x4 and the info and parts are getting better

I'm waiting for them to slap a new body on the granite to go with some new tires and l call it an outcast 3s BLX, LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back