Typhon And... we’ve got a Typhon now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to see Arrma come up with a racing style steel spur for them

I'm waiting for them to slap a new body on the granite to go with some new tires and l call it an outcast 3s BLX, LOL
This will be more than a body, as it will require the long a-arms, and a different shock towers, and shocks.. and a body :)
Which as Jerry said, just the case for the 6s platform.

Funny it comes with a 15t pinion and not the 20t like the Senton.

This will be more than a body, as it will require the long a-arms, and a different shock towers, and shocks.. and a body :)
Which as Jerry said, just the case for the 6s platform.

No, I think they would use the short arms, short granite chassis, same shocks and towers, and call it 1/10 Outcast. The question is, will they stick with 3s and plastic diffs, or go for 4s and the metal diffs?

No we don't.
Yep, they are covered under the "Arrma 4x4 Mega & BLX" category. We probably should change the "Typhon" to be "Typhon 6s BLX" now.

This is how I feel about Arrma's naming....
1544119485924.png

On a side note it does look like a pretty nice lower level buggy. If I didn't already have a 6s Typhon, I would be looking at this.

Yep, they are covered under the "Arrma 4x4 Mega & BLX" category. We probably should change the "Typhon" to be "Typhon 6s BLX" now.

This is how I feel about Arrma's naming....
View attachment 24891

On a side note it does look like a pretty nice lower level buggy. If I didn't already have a 6s Typhon, I would be looking at this.

Depends what you refering to and what you want. I habe the whole lineup on the 6s side..and i never for 1 second did see this as a entry,budget,low car...it perform so good, i am blown away, for this type..id say, every arrma owner should have lne, or atleast try one....then they shall see

Depends what you refering to and what you want. I habe the whole lineup on the 6s side..and i never for 1 second did see this as a entry,budget,low car...it perform so good, i am blown away, for this type..id say, every arrma owner should have lne, or atleast try one....then they shall see
I didn't say that it was an entry level or a cheap model. By lower level I just meant that it was a lower level than their 6s BLX Typhon, meaning cheaper, smalller motor, smaller esc, plastic chassis...etc I didn't mean for it to come across as negative if that's how you took it.

I didn't say that it was an entry level or a cheap model. By lower level I just meant that it was a lower level than their 6s BLX Typhon, meaning cheaper, smalller motor, smaller esc, plastic chassis...etc I didn't mean for it to come across as negative if that's how you took it.
And i am sorry to missunderstand you buddy ❤

I like the idea of have the brushed and blx version for the beginner and expert

Clearly you've never owned their newest brushed offering, lol. The ESC and motors are junk. I'd rather see them discontinue them before they ruin their name. Or fix the issues.

For $70 more you get such a better truck with the BLX. For a beginner they should sell the same BLX with a smaller pinion and recommend 2s. Same brushed speed with the ability to grow with the user. Probably poopy business though when you can potentially sell someone a second truck (brushed, then brushless).

$300 for a 1/8, 3s, brushless ebug, yeah that is entry level. Limited adjustments, plastic shocks, no center diff, plastic driveline - this all points to it as an entry level RC. With all that said, you also gotta say, great job to Arrma for making a $300 brushless platform that is a great performer!

Looking at the exploded diagrams, looks like the Typhon gets new arms. I really figured they would just put on wide offset wheels, or maybe a +4mm offset hex.

The Storyboard page is fixed now, and it does list the tires as "1/8 buggy standard offset" so that is a good thing.

Love the buggy, so what, it’s the same as the others. Arrma already has us so we can talk about it, their target is the teenager or new to the hobby adult looking online and is like, “hey this Granites pretty cool, Senten...meh butt ugly, and wait a minute, whoa, wow, the typhon is for me here’s my $300 smackers”. The buggy looks like a great car, tires look better than the ones on the 6s as they just spin...

Love the buggy, so what, it’s the same as the others. Arrma already has us so we can talk about it, their target is the teenager or new to the hobby adult looking online and is like, “hey this Granites pretty cool, Senten...meh butt ugly, and wait a minute, whoa, wow, the typhon is for me here’s my $300 smackers”. The buggy looks like a great car, tires look better than the ones on the 6s as they just spin...
I agree that it is a great looking car and I am fine with them using existing parts and everything to cover another class of vehicle. I just wish they would have chose a different name.

Looking at the exploded diagrams, looks like the Typhon gets new arms. I really figured they would just put on wide offset wheels, or maybe a +4mm offset hex.
Interesting. so a buggy is 4mm wider? isnt the 6s Typhon/Senton are exactly the same?

Also, i just found out that the spur & clutch parts are a different parts than the older cars.. (it was already used on the BRCC apparently).
Anyone compared the two to understand what changed? I assume they are interchangeable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back