Infraction Angel Eyes LED Lighting...What Size?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FriedOne

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
Looking at adding some angel eyes for front and rear lighting on my Infraction. What is the size recommended size to go with.
Thanks.

Looking at adding some angel eyes for front and rear lighting on my Infraction. What is the size recommended size to go with.
Thanks.
I got the 17mm ones in the front and I really like the size. Here are two pictures for reference :)
DSC00617.jpg
DSC00603.jpg

I got the 17mm ones in the front and I really like the size. Here are two pictures for reference :)
View attachment 138614View attachment 138615
Thanks for your response. I went ahead an ordered two sets of 17mm angel eyes. Should be arriving today. The size looks great. Not too big nor too small. I was looking at the 22mm size. Thought they looked big. Did you just glue them in place. Would have been nice had come with mounting hardware.
Those blue eyes looks crazy with the blue body. awesome. Thanks for responding. What did you do for mounting, hot glue?

Thanks for your response. I went ahead an ordered two sets of 17mm angel eyes. Should be arriving today. The size looks great. Not too big nor too small. I was looking at the 22mm size. Thought they looked big. Did you just glue them in place. Would have been nice had come with mounting hardware.

Those blue eyes looks crazy with the blue body. awesome. Thanks for responding. What did you do for mounting, hot glue?
I tried to keep the hole as tight as possible, so you only have to press them in and they will hold. But they would probably fall out at higher speed because of the vibrations. So I just used some hot-glue on the inside and so far it has been working great for me :)

Yes, hot glue (quite a bit to keep those leds horizontal).

I tried to keep the hole as tight as possible, so you only have to press them in and they will hold. But they would probably fall out at higher speed because of the vibrations. So I just used some hot-glue on the inside and so far it has been working great for me :)
That's awesome. A friction fit with some hot glue sounds just about right. Don't want too many complications getting these installed. Do you have them plugged into your receiver or running on a separate battery.
Yes, hot glue (quite a bit to keep those leds horizontal).
Thanks. Sounds like hot glue will work just fine.

That's awesome. A friction fit with some hot glue sounds just about right. Don't want too many complications getting these installed. Do you have them plugged into your receiver or running on a separate battery.

Thanks. Sounds like hot glue will work just fine.
Kind of in between. I have a cable which comes from the receiver box and this cable attaches to the body mounts and is hold there with some tinfoil.
I have it the same way on the body and by doing that I can just put on my body without connecting any wires :D

Kind of in between. I have a cable which comes from the receiver box and this cable attaches to the body mounts and is hold there with some tinfoil.
I have it the same way on the body and by doing that I can just put on my body without connecting any wires :D
Hi,
I installed both set of lights tonight. A nice tight fit with some hot glue did the trick. I have a question. I picked these angel eyes from Amazon. They have a input voltage of 4.2V to 6.0V
My stock BEC voltage is set to 7.4V. Is this going to be okay to plug them into my receiver for power. Also I can use either AUX 1 or 2 right.
I will have to pick up a Y splitter to power up both sets.
The install turned out quite good.

Hi,
I installed both set of lights tonight. A nice tight fit with some hot glue did the trick. I have a question. I picked these angel eyes from Amazon. They have a input voltage of 4.2V to 6.0V
My stock BEC voltage is set to 7.4V. Is this going to be okay to plug them into my receiver for power. Also I can use either AUX 1 or 2 right.
I will have to pick up a Y splitter to power up both sets.
The install turned out quite good.
Mine are from Amazon as well. I didn't check the voltage but I run them on 7.5V as well. So this shouldn't be a problem. If you have two AUX channels you can plug them in 1 and 2. Otherwise a Y splitter is needed.

Last edited:
Thank you for your response. I have some Y servo splitters and some extension cables on order. I appreciate you getting bac to me.
Getting forward to getting them hooked up.
Cheers Bud.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back