Typhon Angle in steering arm.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottcraig1978

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I upgraded the steering servo, and got the hot racing aluminum servo horn and the arm that attaches to the bell crank. My question is, there is the slightest bit of angle in the arm that goes from the horn to the bell crank. Is that acceptable, or will it be a problem that requires a spacer of some sort? Thanks again for your help.

Here is my 6s typhon with the HR servo linkage.
don't use the supplied HR link that attaches to the servo arm though, really poor designed links... it does not have proper balljoints just rubber grommets which intoduces loads of play. Use the old stock Arrma link for that one.

15842690882042868242903314664074.jpg

You can see I have a very slight angle on the link but it doesn't make any discernable difference at all.
Just set your servo centre then mechanically adjust the steering (rather than using radio trim) and you are all good..

Here is my 6s typhon with the HR servo linkage.
don't use the supplied HR link that attaches to the servo arm though, really poor designed links... it does not have proper balljoints just rubber grommets which intoduces loads of play. Use the old stock Arrma link for that one.

View attachment 69973

You can see I have a very slight angle on the link but it doesn't make any discernable difference at all.
Just set your servo centre then mechanically adjust the steering (rather than using radio trim) and you are all good..
I will certainly take your advice, but the angle I was speaking of is an a slight down angle from the linkage to the crank.

I will certainly take your advice, but the angle I was speaking of is an a slight down angle from the linkage to the crank.

Ah... Ok. The ball linkages (if it had them) would normally take care of that unless it was at such an angle that there was binding.
The stock Arrma arm is horizontal though.. highly advise you use it as the HR one is utter garbage as you should see coming from the incresed play in the rubber joints.

Will put a pic up in a sec..
15842705875043179968504533129464.jpg

Ah... Ok. The ball linkages (if it had them) would normally take care of that unless it was at such an angle that there was binding.
The stock Arrma arm is horizontal though.. highly advise you use it as the HR one is utter garbage as you should see coming from the incresed play in the rubber joints.

Will put a pic up in a sec..
View attachment 69975
Okay I see, yours is perfectly flat. And I also noticed the rubber joints you spoke about in the HR linkage. I will be switching back to the Arrma link now. Thank you very much for the info.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back