Angry with Arrma!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72Z15SS

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Nero
  3. Raider
Since getting my Typhon and now the Outcast, I have been LOVING the Arrma vehicles so much that I am about to drop the hammer on the Fazon!!! It must be the sound they make with a subliminal message hidden in there somewhere saying: "Buy the rest of my Family" I don't know what it is but I am addicted!
I need help for sure.........
7474_10153407629797956_1184576414325614121_n.jpg

Lol, I went to the lhs Friday morning for some miscellaneous Stuff, and ended up walking out with this...they were having a black Friday sale and I couldn't resist...Mike
20161126_130701.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I just ran thru my first full charge. The first two runs were on a half charge or so, just to feel it out. Today was it's first all-out, see what she's got run...and I must say it's a totally different animal than the kraton. I did manage to pop out both inner tierod ends a couple times each. And also pulled out one of the wing mount screws..but all in all she's a keeper...Mike

Yes, I just ran thru my first full charge. The first two runs were on a half charge or so, just to feel it out. Today was it's first all-out, see what she's got run...and I must say it's a totally different animal than the kraton. I did manage to pop out both inner tierod ends a couple times each. And also pulled out one of the wing mount screws..but all in all she's a keeper...Mike
Overall.... how'd you like vs bashing the Kraton? I was on the fence prior to choosing Outcast. Does Kraton have advantages handling wise?

I wonder how this would run with the diff brain set-up?:rolleyes:

The title of the thread is because these Arrma vehicles have taken my R/C hobby to a higher level. My first r/c kit was so plain and simple compared to these. It's like going from flying a trainer type aircraft to flying a turbine powered jet!!!! Just the way I feel...

Grasshopper and Outcast.jpg

Last edited:
The outcast out of the box on 6s is a hand full!!! I just put my proline badlands from the kraton onto the outcast, and the outcast "badlands" on the kraton., and I think that's the ticket. I'm still on 12t pinion on both... Its raining like mad here today, but hopefully I can get some bash time on both tomorrow...Mike
20161129_174737.jpg
20161129_174737.jpg

The outcast out of the box on 6s is a hand full!!! I just put my proline badlands from the kraton onto the outcast, and the outcast "badlands" on the kraton., and I think that's the ticket. I'm still on 12t pinion on both... Its raining like mad here today, but hopefully I can get some bash time on both tomorrow...MikeView attachment 4085 View attachment 4085
Gonna get any video... Just curious how they change.

The outcast out of the box on 6s is a hand full!!! I just put my proline badlands from the kraton onto the outcast, and the outcast "badlands" on the kraton., and I think that's the ticket. I'm still on 12t pinion on both... Its raining like mad here today, but hopefully I can get some bash time on both tomorrow...MikeView attachment 4085 View attachment 4085
Mike you might just be right. Those big Outcast tires will probably do well on the Kraton, provided the servo can turn them ok with longer wheelbase. Test it out and report back how that works, I'm def curious about that. The bigger tires on short chassis probably serve more for pulling stunts... etc on Outcast from height and rotational mass. That's what's cool about this hobby, can customize as you like. I've been watching a guy's vids on YouTube that made a Jr Outcast from a Kraton roller with Typhon chassis and body using 3.8 Badlands, looks bad azz.

Fazon will be here today, although I will open the box and take a look, I promised my Wife I will put it back in the box and open it again on Christmas... I'm too excited!!! :nailbiting::woot:
I also have a few 4S batteries coming today specifically for the other Arrma Vehicles I have for testing purposes...
Location Date Local Time Activity
Reading, PA, United States 12/01/2016 2:31 A.M. Out For Delivery
Reading, PA, United States 12/01/2016 2:11 A.M. Arrival Scan
Harrisburg, PA, United States 12/01/2016 12:46 A.M. Departure Scan
Harrisburg, PA, United States 11/30/2016 7:20 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 11/29/2016 7:04 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I like the kraton with badlands and wish they were a tad bigger... looks like the setup with the outkast tires on kraton and proline badlands on outkast is a sweet setup... i think im gonna get a set as soon as they are available... how is the balooning compared to the prolines?

I blasted around the yard for a few minutes with both of them. I think I'm gonna leave them as they are for now, I like the badlands on the outcast, handles much better, and doesn't want to back flip constantly. The kraton is awesome with the arrma badlands, and I can already tell the they will outlast the prolines by a couple sets. They do balloon but not anywhere near as bad as the stock kratons, I do have 500k in center diff and stock in f&r...Mike

The title of the thread is because these Arrma vehicles have taken my R/C hobby to a higher level. My first r/c kit was so plain and simple compared to these. It's like going from flying a trainer type aircraft to flying a turbine powered jet!!!! Just the way I feel...

View attachment 4129

If that Grasshopper is your first R/C it's only natural you'd find Arrma to be levels above. That G'hopper was designed and sold back in 1984! Things have changed a bit in the last 30+ years. ;)

I still have a G'hopper that I keep around for a loaner. There's nothing like watching a first timer pilot it around. My Furies may run rings about it but it definitely has its place in my fleet.

If that Grasshopper is your first R/C it's only natural you'd find Arrma to be levels above. That G'hopper was designed and sold back in 1984! Things have changed a bit in the last 30+ years. ;)

I still have a G'hopper that I keep around for a loaner. There's nothing like watching a first timer pilot it around. My Furies may run rings about it but it definitely has its place in my fleet.

I've been spending most of the past ?? years building, designing and flying planes, and in the past year have been looking at the Cars again since my Son got his first hobby grade r/c car. Now I have a reason to get back into this part of the hobby.
Yes things have changed a lot since 1984, even in other parts of the hobby. The mechanical gyro in my first Heli is probably heavier than one of my 450 size TREX helis... LOL

Great comparison photo!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back